Detect commercials using Watermarks (1 Viewer)

Downzy

Portal Pro
January 5, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
G'day,

I don't know how common watermarks are, but in Australia, most if not all the channels have a watermark logo somwhere on the screen, but this disappears when commercials come on.

I have heard it suggested that there is some software around that is able to detect the existence of a watermark. Something like this would enable MP to pause recording for the duration of the adds, allowing commercial free playback :D

I have no idea how difficult this would be, and I don't even know if it would benefit enough users to be worthwhile, but it's just an idea :)

Such a great product can lead people to have greater expectations, but feel free to tell me that I'm asking way too much...

A

Anonymous

where can we find comskip, wat products is it used in, and how can we integrate it into mp?

Downzy

Portal Pro
January 5, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Just did a quick google search and found it

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/ComSkip

Sounds like comskip would do exactly what I was thinking. I also noticed that it appears to be open source.

I'd love to say that I'll try and incorporate it into MP, but unfortunately it's ben a long time since I wrote any code, and even when I did it was only pascal and Cobol (don't think either of those would help).

So what's the chance of one of the extremely talented developers out there having a crack?

Cheers,
Downzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom