developing with Visual Studio Express ... (1 Viewer)

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
mPod: I have seen this howto and as said I have tried all ways that are described on different places. None of all works.

what are you using (WinCVS or tortoise) in which version exactly and is it working for you right now? (maybe the server changed somehow or so ...)

thanks+regards
WeWe

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Have you tried using WinCVS 1.3 and following the instructions in the thread in the General Development forum? That is how I got the MediaPortal sources (I had never used a CVS program before and struggled to get it working with a newer version of WinCVS before giving up and using 1.3. Following the instructions in the General Development forum worked easily.)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I'm sure it does work very well, just as a new user of WinCVS it was much more helpful for me to have the screenshots/information actually correspond to my version.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using Tortoise 1.9.11 without having to install/configure anything additional. Same for WinCVS 2.0.2.4. No installing/configuring anything else than Frodo discribed in the doc I linked to in the above thread (Python is NOT needed, CVSNT comes with the WinCVS installer).

But I can't tell if SF's got problems again with :pserver:, as I'm using :ssh:... Just a note, you don't have to try ssh, you won't be able to log in.

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
solved :lol:

I tried it again from home. It works here. So in my company-network I didn't work probably due to a firewall issue.

thanks for all your help

ok, now let's massacre the MP code :twisted:

thanks+regards
WeWe

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
:lol: :lol: :lol: yahoooo :lol: :lol: :lol:

I made it! My first self-compiled MediaPortal!

And it even works!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    wewe said:
    maybe you wouldn't be as happy if you knew that I am having no idea of developping c# :oops:

My programming skill is from 1990 - I was a Fortran crack :lol:

Is there a way to do it in Fortran? :wink:

thanks+regards
    WeWe

I first started my development using mainframe FORTRAN, but it was MUCH earlier than 1990, lets just say I used cards (they weren't used to play solitare either) to submit the job.

Mike

warped6

Portal Member
    mzemina said:
    I first started my development using mainframe FORTRAN, but it was MUCH earlier than 1990, lets just say I used cards (they weren't used to play solitare either) to submit the job.

Mike

OK I started in the early 80's on cards and COBOL :shock:. Now I'm trying to learn C#.

Any book suggestions?

Mike

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I would recommend "Programming C#: Fourth Edition" by Jesse Liberty. It is an O'Reilly book. You can probably find a sample chapter or so online if you want to take a look at it. I found it one of the most well-written technical books I have read and it provides a good coverage of the language in my opinion. Of course, it will not help you with any of the DirectShow stuff, but does include working with databases/web services near the end of the book, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom