developing with Visual Studio Express ... (2 Viewers)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    jawbroken said:
    I would recommend "Programming C#: Fourth Edition" by Jesse Liberty.

Also reading this one atm. and from the first chapter(s) I read I can say it's written very good and understandable. From the contents it should cover a large amount of C# programming.

Maschine

bengtsson74

August 18, 2005
    Sweden
    This COBOL and FORTRAN dialogue gives me hope! :)
    for a periode of 3-4 months now, I have thought and hesitate if i should try learning c# and MP development or not.
    But now, I feel pretty hopeful with my late -80's VIC-64 Basic programming skills.... :wink:

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    bengtsson74 said:
    for a periode of 3-4 months now, I have thought and hesitate if i should try learning c# and MP development or not.
    But now, I feel pretty hopeful with my late -80's VIC-64 Basic programming skills.... :wink:

There are some mental hurdles to jump over going from procedural programming languages: FORTRAN, BASIC, C, etc to Object Oriented Programming languages (Objective-C, C++, Java, C#, etc.) so that your brain understands and thinks with the OO concepts. But once the light goes on it isn't too hard.

Mike

warped6

Portal Member
    bengtsson74 said:

Well I do RPG programming during the days. And no it doesn't mean Role Playing Game. :lol:

I'm getting the hang of C# but wish I had more time to put into it.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    warped6 said:
    Well I do RPG programming during the days. And no it doesn't mean Role Playing Game. :lol:

I'm getting the hang of C# but wish I had more time to put into it.

I haven't talked with anyone programming in RPG since my college days (I worked in the Data Center as one of my part-time jobs) and that was well MANY years ago!

Slow and sure is sometimes the best way, especially if you want to make it happen... then it will work.

Mike

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    okay, here's the difference:

- in the old languages there is a CONTINUOUS CODE that you can [try to] understand by reading it

- in C# there is no code :shock: it is only a mess of methods, and references and overrides and implementations and so forth ... I have no idea where the real code is hidden ... may be there is none and the whole software is sort of a voodoo miracle ... but nevertheless:

• I MADE IT! 8)

I did repair the not more working MyBackgroundTV. It works now with actual RC2. And for sure: the second thing I did is to change "Author" to "WeWe"

What should I do now with the plugin? Upload it somewhere?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    wewe said:
    okay, here's the difference:

- in the old languages there is a CONTINUOUS CODE that you can [try to] understand by reading it

- in C# there is no code :shock: it is only a mess of methods, and references and overrides and implementations and so forth ... I have no idea where the real code is hidden ... may be there is none and the whole software is sort of a voodoo miracle ... but nevertheless:

• I MADE IT! 8)

I did repair the not more working MyBackgroundTV. It works now with actual RC2. And for sure: the second thing I did is to change "Author" to "WeWe"

What should I do now with the plugin? Upload it somewhere?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

For now - you are welcome to do a new thread in the plugin forums OR replying to an already existing one, if any...Tell the crowd, what you did and if a new thread, tell em what the plugin can do etc....

Put up a link for the dll+extras - and you're set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom