Development Status of Avalon

Discussion in 'Avalon' started by ncoH, March 7, 2012.

1. ncoH
    • Premium Supporter

ncoH Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,650 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

i would like to inform you about the future development.

Due to some community reactions lately, the team lost a bit of motivation to work on skins. Also the lack of time and the health of JoostZilla are reasons why development has slowed down.
    Please keep in mind that we all do this in our spare time. We have real work and families which have higher priorities.
    I`m convinced that applies to all developers of Mediaportal.

Avalon:
    There are already some bugfixes/changes on GitHub. We only have to complete the WorldWeather files to work with the latest release. After that we can publish a new update of Avalon (no date yet).

Furthermore a short comment on Avallonis (cul8er):
    We asked him several times if he would like to work together with us to improve Avalon. Unfortunately he decided to work alone on a Mod instead. That`s really sad because we could put all ideas together to make a great skin. And with the new upcomming functions in the skin engine (MP 1.3) we could offer multiple themes in one skin. So Cul8er, you are still very much welcome to join the team :)

I wished the MediaPortal community would work more often together...!

• Like Like x 23
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Paranoid Delusion
    • Premium Supporter

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi Niko

Thanks for the update, and of course we wish all the best for Joosts recovery soon, real lifes to important to ignore.

Regards

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dragy

Dragy Portal Pro

Student
    Ratings:
    +332 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Niko and other team members, Thank you for your support so far. I don't know about the 'bad' community reactions you got, but I can imagine it's about not updating the skin that often as StreamedMP (and other skins?) does. I'm sure these people are still very happy when an update arrives! So, please, don't let your motivation go away for this reason.

I hope Joostzilla does recover soon, best wishes from me.
    Also, good luck with developing!

• Like Like x 2
  5. cruse
    • Premium Supporter

cruse MP Donator

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for pushing the boundaries of the current skin engine, also with your (imo) masterpiece Maya. Designing user interfaces you will always have people nagging or complaining (myself included) but we all are truly thankful for your progressive approach and reinvigorating the MP skin scene.

All the best to JoostZilla.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Best wishes goes to joostzilla. Nothing else really matters, but a big thanks still goes to every contributor to maya and avalon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bodiroga

bodiroga Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    All the best for Joost, take care of yourself and you will see that everything is gonna be alright. You know how much I admire your work, you are best! ;)

8. AIstudio
    • Premium Supporter

AIstudio MP Donator

Web Dev, 3D Modeler & Gfx
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    May I just say that I have used Avalon Since Its beginnings. I may not post much but I feel that the comments of the few spoil things for everyone else!!
    I have also had this happen to myself so many times and it is easy to become frustrated and offended.
    PLEASE see past these sort of things as it is DEFFINATLEY not the feeling of the masses!!
    We love this skin and I hope that Joost is on course for recovery and I wish him all the best. Real Life is sooooooo important and all that matters.

All i can say is a HUGE THANKS for all of your work as it graces my house on every screen :)

regards

Kev

• Like Like x 6
  9. SpudR
    • Team MediaPortal

SpudR Documentation Group

CTO, MD
    Ratings:
    +683 / 2
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Hey ncoH - please don't let the negativity of some idiots who don't know how to play nice effect the motivation of the team - I for one feel that the skins you are producing are fantastic in quality and functionality and would wish you to continue.
    Sadly there are some jerks here who don't realise the work it takes to keep something like this going, though I think that the vast majority of the people here appreciate your work :)

Feel good! - you've made some marvellous things that people love :D

Get well soon Joost:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bleazle
    • Premium Supporter

Bleazle Well-Known Member

Retired Skinner :-)
    Ratings:
    +256 / 1
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Couldn't have said it any better!! (y) Good to see that Cul8er seems to be part of the mix now too - the effort (and time) that you guys put into skinning is awesome - and the results are even awesomer :D Keep it up and all the best to Joost!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. muellinger
    • Premium Supporter

muellinger MP Donator

IT Administrator
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I also wish the best to Joost. i hope its nothing hard, he has to deal with.
    Avalon is a great skin and i hope you guys soon have some more time and less stress to keep up your good work. Although i am using Avallonis at the moment (because of the white theme my wife just loves and wants) i apperciate that most of the basics in this skin is made from you and it is awesome.

Maybe there will be some good point in the near future that helps you and cul8r to join forces for Avalon or any other great skin.

Carsten.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!