ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

i would like to inform you about the future development.

Due to some community reactions lately, the team lost a bit of motivation to work on skins. Also the lack of time and the health of JoostZilla are reasons why development has slowed down.
    Please keep in mind that we all do this in our spare time. We have real work and families which have higher priorities.
    I`m convinced that applies to all developers of Mediaportal.

Avalon:
    There are already some bugfixes/changes on GitHub. We only have to complete the WorldWeather files to work with the latest release. After that we can publish a new update of Avalon (no date yet).

Furthermore a short comment on Avallonis (cul8er):
    We asked him several times if he would like to work together with us to improve Avalon. Unfortunately he decided to work alone on a Mod instead. That`s really sad because we could put all ideas together to make a great skin. And with the new upcomming functions in the skin engine (MP 1.3) we could offer multiple themes in one skin. So Cul8er, you are still very much welcome to join the team :)

I wished the MediaPortal community would work more often together...!

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Niko and other team members, Thank you for your support so far. I don't know about the 'bad' community reactions you got, but I can imagine it's about not updating the skin that often as StreamedMP (and other skins?) does. I'm sure these people are still very happy when an update arrives! So, please, don't let your motivation go away for this reason.

I hope Joostzilla does recover soon, best wishes from me.
    Also, good luck with developing!

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for pushing the boundaries of the current skin engine, also with your (imo) masterpiece Maya. Designing user interfaces you will always have people nagging or complaining (myself included) but we all are truly thankful for your progressive approach and reinvigorating the MP skin scene.

All the best to JoostZilla.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    All the best for Joost, take care of yourself and you will see that everything is gonna be alright. You know how much I admire your work, you are best! ;)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    May I just say that I have used Avalon Since Its beginnings. I may not post much but I feel that the comments of the few spoil things for everyone else!!
    I have also had this happen to myself so many times and it is easy to become frustrated and offended.
    PLEASE see past these sort of things as it is DEFFINATLEY not the feeling of the masses!!
    We love this skin and I hope that Joost is on course for recovery and I wish him all the best. Real Life is sooooooo important and all that matters.

All i can say is a HUGE THANKS for all of your work as it graces my house on every screen :)

regards

Kev

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey ncoH - please don't let the negativity of some idiots who don't know how to play nice effect the motivation of the team - I for one feel that the skins you are producing are fantastic in quality and functionality and would wish you to continue.
    Sadly there are some jerks here who don't realise the work it takes to keep something like this going, though I think that the vast majority of the people here appreciate your work :)

Feel good! - you've made some marvellous things that people love :D

Get well soon Joost:)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey ncoH - please don't let the negativity of some idiots who don't know how to play nice effect the motivation of the team - I for one feel that the skins you are producing are fantastic in quality and functionality and would wish you to continue.
    Sadly there are some jerks here who don't realise the work it takes to keep something like this going, though I think that the vast majority of the people here appreciate your work :)

Feel good! - you've made some marvellous things that people love :D

Get well soon Joost:)

Couldn't have said it any better!! (y) Good to see that Cul8er seems to be part of the mix now too - the effort (and time) that you guys put into skinning is awesome - and the results are even awesomer :D Keep it up and all the best to Joost!!

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also wish the best to Joost. i hope its nothing hard, he has to deal with.
    Avalon is a great skin and i hope you guys soon have some more time and less stress to keep up your good work. Although i am using Avallonis at the moment (because of the white theme my wife just loves and wants) i apperciate that most of the basics in this skin is made from you and it is awesome.

Maybe there will be some good point in the near future that helps you and cul8r to join forces for Avalon or any other great skin.

Carsten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom