[confirm] Dialog Boxes Stop Working After Stop/Resume Video Files (1 Viewer)

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
May 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
CPU Type: Intel Q8200 (core 2 Quad @ 2.33Ghz)
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

When starting and stopping video, subsequent attempts to play the video fail. It seems that it is soft-crashing on attempting to create the Resume from time xx:xx dialog box. I've noticed this in TV, Videos, and MovingPictures. Additionally, once this happens, the entire context menu stops working throughout MP, so if I try to, let's say, start recording another show in the MyTV area, I will no longer see the Dialog asking to record "Current Programme or until manual stop" etc... The steps representing the attached logs are listed below:
1) Started MP
2) Selected Watch TV from Main Menu
3) Selected Recorded TV from TV Menu
4) Selected American Idol folder from Recorded TV list
5) Selected particular episode of American Idol
6) Watched about 30-40 seconds of recording and then pressed Stop
7) After screen went back to Recorded TV list, attempted to play same video
8) Video no longer plays

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please test using Blue3Wide and without any 3rd party plugin enabled. You log sounds suspect:

2010-04-25 12:47:57.021800 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.InvalidCastException: [A]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu cannot be cast to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu. Type A originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.6.27704, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'. Type B originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.6.27704, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\PROGRA~2\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~3\plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'.

Simone

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Please test using Blue3Wide and without any 3rd party plugin enabled. You log sounds suspect:

2010-04-25 12:47:57.021800 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.InvalidCastException: [A]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu cannot be cast to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu. Type A originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.6.27704, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'. Type B originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.6.27704, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\PROGRA~2\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~3\plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'.
    Simone

The problem here is that Dialogs.dll is loaded twice: once from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\" and once from "C:\PROGRA~2\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~3\plugins\windows\". It is not clear why this happens, but I am guessing both paths refer to the same folder but one uses long filenames while the other uses short filename. This is probably caused by some plugin referencing Dialogs.dll and loading it incorrectly.

I also just noticed that the version of Dialogs.dll is 1.0.6.27704, it should be 1.0.6.25546. Are you using a modified Dialogs.dll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom