Dialog on crash (1 Viewer)

deepskydiver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it possible to suppress this? As it stands with a remote it isn't possible to dismiss it or end MP. The result is that you have to plug in a mouse, which when I'm not around is considered Advanced by the rest of the household. As I don't plan on debugging in any case, can MP be started with an option to simply exit or ignore such errors?

I think the error is "Mediaportal has stopped working".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    According to the OS's application event log, the crash was triggered by dshowhelpler.dll.
    For that, I suggest you try the updated dshowhelper DLLs available from -->here<--.

The crash two days ago was triggered by mpcSubs.dll. The above may also help with that.

deepskydiver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks.

None of those seem to be a later dated dll than the version I have. It's also not clear to me which to use ..? Though I've tried 3 of them
    (dshowhelper_v0092_part_DWM, dshowhelper_v0092a_no_DWM, dshowhelper_v0055f) on each occasion Mediaportal just stops responding.

It's more annoying than the fortnightly crashes so I'm just going to revert.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for the delayed response.
    Those versions are definitely newer than what you'd be using with either MP 1.2.x or MP 1.3.x.

So you installed the required VC++ redistributable installed as specified?

To be honest I'm far from the expert in that area of MP - @Owlsroost is likely to have far more of an idea than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom