Didn't find movies on synology nas (1 Viewer)

Silentsea

Portal Member
May 18, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I'm using moving pictures since 2 years, everthing worked well. Now I want to change my source directory, but I couldn't find my mapped nas drive (used local drives before). When I use the network path \\DS1815\media\movies moving pictures plugin will find the movies and can play it (by little play icon in the detail tab), but in media portal the movie titel is red and the message couldn't found media appears.

Maybe someone has some hints for me?

Regards

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello.

When I use the network path \\DS1815\media\movies moving pictures plugin will find the movies
    OK

and can play it (by little play icon in the detail tab)
    OK again.

but in media portal the movie titel is red and the message couldn't found media appears.
    I am not sure what you mean by "in media portal" as movies are managed by MovingPictures and are accessible through this plugin. What functionality are you expecting that would not be there?

Silentsea

Portal Member
    May 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By "in media portal" I'm thinking of using the plugin in mepo itself, so choose a movie and hit play ;). Playing is currently only possible in config tool (preview mode). Maybe I've to save crendentials for the unc path in mepo somewhere.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thinking about credentials I tried so save credentials in windows credential vault as windows credential for my nas. Now the files are no longer red and are playing in mepo ;). Maybe someone would find this helpful.Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom