Different resolutions in TFT and TV

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by Anakin, October 15, 2005.

1. Anakin

Anakin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would like to know if there are any software wich can has two different resolutions in TV an TFT.
    For example: TFT............1280x1024
    TV.............800x600

Actually I have same resolution in TV and TFT ad i cann't chage it.

I have got an ATI Radeon 9600pro 256 Mb and XP pro.

thanks
    [​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andro

andro Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Anakin,

I have a 9800 pro and the same problem. Apparently the resolutions are linked. I think I had it working a while ago with a tv out and the DVI plug. Those are not linked and can be changed in standard windows (under setup click on monitor '2' and change the res.) You however get all kind of problems and most programs don't support the two outputs. You get the scrolling on the smaller monitor.

What I did is create a schema for mediacenter/portal. You can set that up in the screen you show. With a shortcut (in my case ctrl+alt+M) it changes the resolution to the desired one and you can watch it on the tv. Switching back would be another shortcut.

regards,

Ronald

4. Anakin

Anakin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok Thank you for answering I will try at the moment with your idea of rapid access though I will continue looking to seeing if there is some possibility.

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!