Differnet handling of non square CD covers in now playing screen (1 Viewer)

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
Country flag
It would be nice if CD covers that are non square (off square above a certain tolerance level) are handled differently in the now playing screen.

There are different CD cases that do not use square format covers/booklets eg. CD singles, old style 2 CD jewel boxes, collectors box sets and different types of cardboard CD cases.

Currently now playing always shows a CD jewel box with a square cover in it. If a cover is non square it get's cropped into it.

It would underline the professionality of MediaPortal if these non square covers get handled differntly. This would be probably relatively easy do do. Instead of a jewel box, a book type case could be displayed that is adjusted to the aspect ratio of the cover.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be nice if CD covers that are non square (off square above a certain tolerance level) are handled differently in the now playing screen.

There are different CD cases that do not use square format covers/booklets eg. CD singles, old style 2 CD jewel boxes, collectors box sets and different types of cardboard CD cases.

Currently now playing always shows a CD jewel box with a square cover in it. If a cover is non square it get's cropped into it.

It would underline the professionality of MediaPortal if these non square covers get handled differntly. This would be probably relatively easy do do. Instead of a jewel box, a book type case could be displayed that is adjusted to the aspect ratio of the cover.

Its no problem from point of skinning, but we need for that a logic funktion inside MP, that can handle different vissible views by detecting different thumbs (aspectratios). It´s not implemented yet inside MP Code.

Greetings Harley

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Harley, thanks for your reply!

Does that mean that something like that is already planned for MediaPortal?
    Or does that mean that I posted in the wrong forum? Do I have to put my suggestion elswhere so it gets noticed?

Greet'z
    BugsBunny

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Harley, thanks for your reply!

Does that mean that something like that is already planned for MediaPortal?
    Or does that mean that I posted in the wrong forum? Do I have to put my suggestion elswhere so it gets noticed?

Greet'z
    BugsBunny

i think that is more something for MP2

Harley

Users who are viewing this thread