Digital Cable card setup info needed (1 Viewer)

trev123

November 6, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP-1.4.2.2136
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 2.13GHz
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: Dell XPS
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
Video Card Driver: 258.96
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi
1. TV Card: Ceton InfiniTV 4
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver: 20101027_1_0_1_17
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast/Xfinity - Cable Card in Ceton PCIE card and working with Windows Media Center

Windows Media Center working flawlessly with the Cetons card and cablecard from Comcast whos name is now Xfinity. Don't like the interface so I installed MediaPortal today.

Default install of MediaPortal, following the instructions as best as I can. First program to run after install is TV-Server Configuration. disabled Media Center via "Additional 3rd Party checks". When I do a scan to search for channels none are found. Not sure how to setup the cablecard or my location. The wizard in Windows Media Center asks for this information but I can't find it in MediaPortal if it's even there. I have rebooted and still the same results. I have tried both Generic and ATSC setting in the card properties section.

Any help would greatly be apreciated. Please see attachments for some additional information.

Attachments

• mp_tvsc1.JPG
    mp_tvsc1.JPG
    65.1 KB
  • mp_tvsc2.JPG
    mp_tvsc2.JPG
    86 KB
  • cardproperties.JPG
    cardproperties.JPG
    37.3 KB

trev123

November 6, 2010
I guess no one knows how to setup Comcast/Xfinity digital cable in the United States with Ceton corps card or MediaPortal just doesn't have support for this configuration yet.

Again, if someone can help please post a response but it's been awhile since my initial post and no replies so I'm thinking I'll just have to use Windows Media Center.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Try settings below, that's what I use to get the non-encrypted cable channels from Comcast.
    nothing happens until channel 21 during scanning, as of then channels will be added.

guytpetj-albums-various-picture617-qam.jpg

trev123

November 6, 2010
    Hi All,

Ok, I enabled the card for CAM as wishywashy suggested because my card is enabled for paytv which is what CAM is for. I also tried "guytpetj" suggestion of checking "Tune QAM instead of ATSC" and changing the QAM tuning frequencies to QAM Standard. I tried search for channels with all the different combinations of the suggestions from wishywashy and guytpetj with the same result, "physical channel: 2frequency:-1 modulation:Mod8Vsb: No signal"

Other settings I've tried:
    CAM Setup:
    CAM enabled - Checked and Not Checked
    Decode count - 0 and 1
    CAM model - default or Astoncrypt 2
    Grab EPG - Checked and Not Checked
    Preferred network provider - Generic and ATSC

So I've tried a lot of setting for this to work, changing this and that and nothing has worked thus far. I hope someone will see the following images and what I have wrote as well as others to give me a new setting to try and hopefull that will work.

Attachments

• camSettings.JPG
      camSettings.JPG
      44.8 KB
    • 3rdparty.JPG
      3rdparty.JPG
      50.8 KB
    • cards.JPG
      cards.JPG
      87.2 KB
    • channelScan.JPG
      channelScan.JPG
      70.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Could you please post your TV Server log files? I'm particularly interested in the error and TV log files...
    On XP you can find these in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log.
    On Vista/7 they'll be in C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log.

thattexaskid19

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    did you get it working...? i just got my ceton in the mail yesterday and want to get it set up too! please let me know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom