[News] Digital Everywhere stops production of fire & floppy-dtv (3 Viewers)

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Since the CineView CI module is now supported in MediaPortal, I think the KNC ONE products are pretty decent?
    You mean like this card: Mystique CaBiX-C2, DVB-C, HDTV, CI-Connector

and using an extra slot for the Mystique View CI-Interface (f. 1 CAM) PCI and 3.5" Variante.

It might be a good card but for a dual solution its not...
    Hm? What does this card have to do with KNC ONE cards?

seems that that its the same card with same CI module extension card solution
    cut from www.dvbshop.net
    "Manufacturer: KNC ONE, indentical to their model KNC ONE CineView"

What Im looking for is a card with mounted CI module - and a dual solution. :) But thanks for the suggestion.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Even if the CI is taking up an extra slot, you can always mount it somewhere else with a little imagination :)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    This is really sad news. :(

To be honest I was reluctant at first to buy from DE because of the high price and the fact that they didn't sell any dual tuner stuff (BTW I think they might have made a bit more money if they did, especially dual DVB-C which is kind of the holy grail for cable users but nobody dares to make one for the PC), plus I didn't have FireWire on my mobo in my first HTPC.

Then as I searched and learned about the alternatives, what I found was mainly horror stories about drivers, hardware and software compatibility, and overall glitchiness so I decided 9 months ago to try a FloppyDTV-C along with my new HTPC. What I was greeted with was just a flawless product!
    And frankly, considering the money you have to put in a HTPC compared to what you would spend if you took the (locked :rolleyes:) standalone road, the cost of DE products isn't really that high in the end!
    Add to that the perfect hardware and software compatibility, perfect support with MediaPortal, and forward and backward compatibility of the FireWire interface, and it's just a perfect experience.

When I think that I was forced (which is nearly criminal when you know I live in Belgium, a country in which 97% of the people used cable in the analog days because we now only have three digital free-to-air channels, one of which is Euronews...) to spend 100 € to buy my cable provider's harddiskless, single tuner, SCART output, slow, bug-ridden shitty customized Philips box, I am more than happy to have chosen DE.
    I was so happy that I bought a second one 3 months ago (glad I did it at that time and didn't wait longer), and it coexists perfectly with the first one.

I am planning to go the Windows 7 way eventually, so I hope their drivers are OK even if they're still officially Beta (infinityloop's feedback on W7 64-bit is nice, thanks!).

Is there any chance the company could be bought out?
    Their people produced so good work they don't deserve that...

I have little hope however for a source opening of the drivers/firmware in case they are not bought out, because of legal issues like creditors wanting to buy IP assets and all that, but who knows...

I will mis you too DE,

a very satisfied customer (quite rare in the PC industry).

tepahe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What about this? ::: anysee E30PS2 Plus ::: and the external version ::: anysee E30S2Plus :::

It sounds nice. Around the same price. Available in November 2009.

Is it or will it be supported by MP?

The anysee products currently don't descramble in MediaPortal due to lack of information from anysee and restricted subscription card support i.e. NDS for testing.
    A CAM solution is better as the anysee devices card reader only read a restricted number of emulated encryptions such a Conax, Viaccess & Irdeto.
    VideoCrypt (NDS) amoungst others certainly does not work and never would due to licensing issues.

The currently supported CI devices in MediaPortal's TVServer are:

Digital-Everywhere
    Twinhan (and clones)
    TechnoTrend (and clones)
    KNC1
    and Hauppauge's USB CI device (only 1 device is supported)

Outside of that list we would need full SDK documentation as well as a wrapped DLL since we're using C#

DMAN

Did you say SDK documentation? Here you go... http://www.obcnet.nl/private/anysee SDK_0-9-6.zip :D

"Hauppauge's USB CI device (only 1 device is supported)"

I want to start by thanking the Mediaportal team for making mediaportal such a great product.
    I've been using it for years and I am a big fan and supporter not least financially:).

I have two broken floppydtv dvb-c that i need to replace in my htpc.
    I would like to have a dual-setup with these external USB devices, but since they are usb, does this mean I can only use one and not the dual-setup in mediaportal?

Technotrend TT-connect CT-3650 CI - TV Card with reviews and price comparison at dooyoo.co.uk

Thanks a lot!
    Patrick

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At least for the dvbs-2 part I can confirm, that terratec s7 is working(same card like technisat usb hd s2). Alphacrypt light and Nagra3 Card works with CI.
    I stripped the enclosure to fit it in the housing... pictures are here .

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can these products maybe replace the DE products.

Both have BDA drivers, anyone know if the CI interface will work with MediaPortal ?

Hard to say if it works, seems that there is problem with CI
    Link
    Go to page 11

Anyone knows more about this?

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ARRRRRG. My FloppyDTV died after a short agony of a week. Permanent red light now. Slowly my FloppyDTV-S2 got touchy with her initialisation but now I cannot revive her!
    Hopefully I had an old Nova-CI. I manage to install lastest driver from Technotrend and got it recognize as TT1100. Now it really rocks under windows 7 32bits while it was tottaly unusable under windows XP!. Actually I found it much more reliable than the FloppyDTV-S2 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom