digital jukebox mode (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

My request would be a digital jukebox mode that could be enabled via the option menu. Enabling this option would:

1) Take you directly to root of your music folder
2) Hides any option menu and all other plugins
2) Display all albums in icon mode
3) Display all album tracklistings in list mode
4) Selecting a song adds it to a queue
5) Picking a song automatically takes you back to the root of your album directory (Making going up one directory unnecessary to avoid confusion)
6) All songs in queue are crossfaded to give it a mix effect (optional feature)
7) Media Portal cannot be exited through conventional means (perfect for parties)

This would be ideal for having a digital jukebox at a party, where people can pick the songs they want to hear. Perfect for LCD screens setup at the kitchen.

A

Anonymous

I second this.

If not all of the suggestions I would be keen to have more functionality in the music player (I have already suggested a random play option elsewhere in this forum).

A

Anonymous

i cant wait until this project nears completion and (hopefully) all the requests are integrated.

A

Anonymous

directory in place of playlists

Feature request:

To be able to enqueue or play all the music files in a tree. without playlist files (who have to be rebuild each time a song is added, who point to deleted files etc...)
This can be also applied to the pictures:

Hollidays 2003
- january
- april
- august
- corsica
- brasil
Hollidays 2004

so selecting the directory Hollidays 2004 will slideshow (randomised or not) the pictures of all the year 2004

and for the video's, maybe

Seb

A

Anonymous

Re: directory in place of playlists

sebcbien said:
Feature request:

To be able to enqueue or play all the music files in a tree. without playlist files (who have to be rebuild each time a song is added, who point to deleted files etc...)
This can be also applied to the pictures:

Hollidays 2003
- january
- april
- august
- corsica
- brasil
Hollidays 2004

so selecting the directory Hollidays 2004 will slideshow (randomised or not) the pictures of all the year 2004

and for the video's, maybe

Seb

anyone working on the digital jukebox mode?

A

Anonymous

i agree with the digital jukebox idea - i must admit that the My Music section is badly lacking in functionality

one of the things i like about Windows Media Player is its whole Media Library concept. how you view your library is your choice - by album, by artist, by genre, etc. or as "All music files" which is one list of all the music files in your library

as i have about 3.5gb of digital music, i like nothing better than leaving WMP in All Music Files mode, hitting play, switching on Shuffle, and just leaving it to it :) (with auto cross-fade and volume levelling applied :D )

so far to do this in Media Portal, I would need to add every single file to a playlist (which would take some time) and as new songs get added to my library they would have to be added to the playlist

A

Anonymous

Stu.online said:
i agree with the digital jukebox idea - i must admit that the My Music section is badly lacking in functionality

one of the things i like about Windows Media Player is its whole Media Library concept. how you view your library is your choice - by album, by artist, by genre, etc. or as "All music files" which is one list of all the music files in your library

as i have about 3.5gb of digital music, i like nothing better than leaving WMP in All Music Files mode, hitting play, switching on Shuffle, and just leaving it to it :) (with auto cross-fade and volume levelling applied :D )

so far to do this in Media Portal, I would need to add every single file to a playlist (which would take some time) and as new songs get added to my library they would have to be added to the playlist

with media player you would probably have to make a playlist file with every song on your hard drive, and then hit play list and shuffle. except there is no crossfading and volume leveling (yet?). I'm sure all these neat things would be implemented by version 1.0 and will give us no reason to use any other program.

A

Anonymous

This suggested feature is the #1 reason I gave MP a try. Hopefully someday. Keep up the good work!

A

Anonymous

Jukebox suggestion

Hello Favian, Mario, Frodo,
Here is a suggestion / tip to implement this functionality:
For those who use winamp, they know that there is an easy way to play an entire directory with his subdirectoryes in one click:

In explorer, right click the directory and select:

Play in winamp -> erase current playlist and replace it with the current selection
or
Enqueue in winamp -> add the current selectin to the playlist

I suppose implementing this feature in MP will be easy ? no ? :twisted:

If winamp is in shuffle mode, all the work is done...

Thanks all and specially Mario and Frodo.

Suggesting'Seb :D

A

Anonymous

Re: Jukebox suggestion

sebcbien said:
Hello Favian, Mario, Frodo,
Here is a suggestion / tip to implement this functionality:
For those who use winamp, they know that there is an easy way to play an entire directory with his subdirectoryes in one click:

In explorer, right click the directory and select:

Play in winamp -> erase current playlist and replace it with the current selection
or
Enqueue in winamp -> add the current selectin to the playlist

I suppose implementing this feature in MP will be easy ? no ? :twisted:

If winamp is in shuffle mode, all the work is done...

Thanks all and specially Mario and Frodo.

Suggesting'Seb :D

that would require exiting mediaportal
if everything could be done within the program, that would be most effiecient.

the feature i am requesting is that by selecting a song, instead of playing it on demand, it would queue it up to play after the current song being played, and so on and so on. having winamp defeats the purpose of having a mediaporta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom