DigitalEverywhere FireDTV remote controll (1 Viewer)

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hoi rtv

Thanks for your support in this matter. I did now upgrade to Rev16622, and copied FiresatApi.dll to the base-directoy of mediaportal.

Still the same is happening when I open configuration.exe and try to select my Firedtv: I can not select it and the following message is in configuration.log:

FireDTVRemote: Trying to enable FireDTV remote but failed to find dll with error: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

Would it maybe help when I upload FiresatApi.dll somewhere?

Thanks again

Bruno

PHDNovice

Portal Member
July 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi rtv,

Thanks for your effort here, but also in my case the field receiver stays empty. Also after copying the dll to the mediaportal folder. Looking at the registry key you mentioned:
Code:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\DigitalEverywhere\FireDTV\InstallFol der + Tools\FiresatApi.dll

This key does not exist after installing the latest Integrated-Version. I'm not sure if using Vista makes a difference?

Thanks,
Robert

Update:
I also tried to use the dll which was shipped with FireDTV. I know this dll worked fine before, but still no luck

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
first of all thanks for your effort.
Sadly it's not working for me. I searched my reg and there is no reference to the firesatapi.dll at all (XP).
I also copied the dll to the mediaportal folder, but still no difference.

At the location you pointed out these strings can be found :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DigitalEverywhere]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DigitalEverywhere\FireDTV]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DigitalEverywhere\FireDTV\RemoteControl]
"ApplicationName"="FireDTV Viewer"

If you need any information on reg values or anything else ...

Thanks
Joe

ezukas

Portal Member
December 3, 2007
Vilnius
Home Country
I have tried SVN Revision:16622 with FireDTV driver v4.2 and dll v1.3 and with FireDTV driver v4.5(4.8) and dll v1.10. Still no succes and the receiver section in the MPConfiguration FireDTV remote page is empty.

I don't have a FireDTV and cannot test ...

Thank you for helping us with this problem!
I see in you system you have FloppyDTV. Isn't it contain the same internal hardware as FireDTV? I guess it's the same, because it uses the same driver and remote control can be supplied with FloppyDTV as an optional accessory. So you should be able to test at least if MPConfiguration can see the receiver in the FireDTV remote control section. Also your Logitech Harmony remote control can be programmed to control FireDTV(and probably FloppyDTV) - add device --> Cable/Sattelite box --> DigitalEverywhere --> FireDTV

Kind regards!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tried SVN Revision:16622 with FireDTV driver v4.2 and dll v1.3 and with FireDTV driver v4.5(4.8) and dll v1.10. Still no succes and the receiver section in the MPConfiguration FireDTV remote page is empty.
    Kind regards

I've just received a reply from the Digital-Everywhere team.

They've tested recent Firesatapi.dll 1.10.1 and 1.9.0 together with
    DVB-S drivers 4.8.0 and
    DVB-S2 drivers 5.0.1 which all work well there now...

I've just changed the code so MediaPortal will first lookup in its base dir for the FiresatAPI.dll and only if it does not find it there it will try to locate the FireDTV software which has recently changed to "%Program files%\FireDTV\.

A quick test with this new SVN build did show me the FloppyDTV in Configuration.

Please report back if it works for you now as well.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If just tried the newest svn version and copied the firesatapi.dll to the mp folder, but and what do i see : a receiver !!!!
    I'm using the DVB-C Version with the current 4.5N Drivers.
    The only weird thing is that starting the tv part took about 2 mins (but my pc might be ...)

THANKS A LOT !!

PHDNovice

Portal Member
    July 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All,

I can also confirm that all my problems with the remote have also vanished! :D

Thank you for solving this problem for I guess quite a lot of people.

Regards,
    Robert

ezukas

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Installed SVN Revision:16637 - got some new problems, but remote control is working now! Thank you 'rtv' for fixing !!! Thank you everybody in this thread for your input to solve the problem !
    Kind regards!

maarty

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi, for me with SVN 16637 it is solved too.
    Thanks for al, especialy to rtv. :D
    Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom