Digitally Imported radio plugin with playlist support (1 Viewer)

gitboy

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Canberra, Australia
I've just finished a quick-and-dirty MediaPortal plugin to add a Digitally Imported radio option to the main menu. At the moment it seems to be working for me, but I'm looking for other people to test it so that I can improve it.

The plugin loads the main page and playlist pages from the Digitally Imported website and displays them in a hopefully-friendly format. It's not internationalised at all yet, but if people are interested in writing non-English translations for the strings in the plugin I'd be happy to add support for that.

The plugin can be downloaded from http://www.keogh.net.au/mediaportal/diplugin2.zip - just put the diplugin.dll in your mediaportal\plugins\windows directory, and put the diplugin.xml into your current skin directory (mediaportal\skin\BlueTwo if you're using the BlueTwo skin). There's a screenshot available at http://www.keogh.net.au/mediaportal/diplugin2.png.

Please download it, give it a try, and let me know what you think. This is my first MP plugin, but hopefully it's usable.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    can you post a screenshot?
    Not quite sure if I understand what the plugin is about and no time the coming days to simply try it.

tomtom

gitboy

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    DIPlugin - updated version out now

I've just finished some fixups to the original release, and you can download the new version now. One of the new features is the ability to change the playlist update interval from within the MediaPortal configuration program. Since the playlist updates chew about 1mb per update, those of you on volume-charged plans might want to adjust it. It's also possible to disable it by setting it to update every 0 minutes.

I've updated the URLs in the original post so you can grab the new version.

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like changed or added.

gitboy

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes, it's unlikely that anyone would care about the additional bandwidth use of the playlist updates when they're streaming - I just figured I'd warn people since it's not immediately obvious how much bandwidth the playlist updates chew up. They might be assuming that only the stream bandwidth itself gets used.

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    Just wanted to say thanks for this, its a really useful plugin and I appreciate the work you have put into it, I have a couple of suggestions which I will post later when I have time to look at it properly. But once again. Thank You.

gitboy

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    No problems, I'd be interested to see what sort of additions anyone can come up with.

I'd particularly like to hear ideas about the plugin's UI, since that's not exactly my strong suit and I'd like to improve it.

E

e|raze

8) wickd mate. I Love this too and use DI all the time anyway so this is just like you made it just for me :oops:

keep up the good work man and look fwd to any developments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom