Direct3D Problems after resume with MP 1.0 (2 Viewers)

4log

January 21, 2007
My last upgrade from MP 1.0 RC2 to MP 1.0 was not a good decision:

With the new version there are many problems:

1.) After a wakeup from standby (by remote or automatically) the MP freezes.
So I tried the option to restart MP after resume without success.
The log files shows a problem with Direct3D initialization:

2009-03-26 08:01:39.640625 [ERROR][MPMain]: D3D: Exception: Warning: Nothing will be rendered.
The reference rendering device was selected, but your
computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device
installed. Please check if your graphics card and
drivers meet the minimum system requirements.

2009-03-26 08:04:01.046875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
-2005530518 (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

I did not have this problems with the RC2 or the 0.2.3 version.
So there must be a change in code which causes this.

2.) Automatic wakup for scheduled recordings sometimes does not work
I use the TV-Server with the power scheduler.
Before the 1.0.0 I never had a problem with a "forgotten" recording.
But with the new version sometimes it will not resume. I enabled extensive logging for that
but there was no error. The only thing which maybe have something todo with is an entry in the eventlog:

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ehSched with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:
{4B635ECB-0887-4015-8CA6-D621362F98D1}

But I do not think that MP uses this component from the XP Media Center.

Just some information about my system:
- AMD Athlon X64 4200+
- 4 GB RAM
- ATI X1600
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (which also was installed together with the RC2 version)

I hope the 1.0.1 version will fix all the problems which occured with the 1.0.0 release version.

Markus

Glenn UK

Portal Member
July 3, 2009
Basildon, Essex
Home Country
England England
HI Markus

was your problem solved?

i am getting a similar error with MP or at least i get the message re rendering device not working.

I am using MP and TV server config in conjunciton with 4tr to record from DVB-S card.

I am not sure what changed but up until a couple of weeks ago everyhitng worked fine, i have also manged to get the pc to wake up and go back to s/by with no problems then this problem starts. trouble is i cant pin point the start of the problem to a specific issue and seeing your post wondered if you had a fix?

Incidentally i also have aproblem with MP not 'seeing' the DVB-S card at times and i havent even begun to work out why that is yet.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom