disable automatic scrapper in GUI (1 Viewer)

linusminix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2008
    Grenoble
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to disable the automatic scrap when mediaportal is launch.

All my movie are with all information i need, but when i launch mp the scrapper begin.

In advance setting i put false for the option "enable importer while in GUI" but without succes...

What is exactely this option for ?

I use the last movingpicture beta on mp 1.1 RC1 and the last xfactor skin

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello,
    I'd like to know if there is a way to disable the automatic scrap when mediaportal is launch.
    All my movie are with all information i need, but when i launch mp the scrapper begin.
    In advance setting i put false for the option "enable importer while in GUI" but without succes...
    I use the last movingpicture beta on mp 1.1 RC1 and the last xfactor skin
    Thanks

It is probably trying to obtain missing information, such as covers, backdrops, etc. You can stop this behaviour by manually loading a cover for all the movies that are missing one (or preferably add the cover to themoviedb.org website, so that everybody benefits).

The developers are hard at work to make it easier to filter the list of movies with missing covers/etc, but until then you will have to manually check every movie, or you need to use SQL queries, such as "SELECT title, year FROM movie_info WHERE coverfullpath = ' ' ORDER BY title;". You can also use "SQLite Expert Personal 2", which allows you to sort the columns, so that all the empty entries show first. Be sure to make a backup of your 'movingpictures.db3' file first, because you can not have the db3 file open in an SQLite tool and run MovingPictures at the same time (database corruption will occur then).

So then you view the backup file to determine which movies lack a cover, and then manually add those via the MovingPictures configuration screen in the 'Movie Manager' tab. But try to contribute to themoviedb.org instead, so that everybody benefits from your effort, the same way you benefit from the work from others on all your other movies.

linusminix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2008
    Grenoble
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: disable automatic scrapper in GUI

Thanks for your reply

for more explication, i'm not using themoviedb.org but another scrapper in my language wich has a quota limitation for scrap...

So i would prefer really have the choice to activate or not the scrapping fanart in mediaportal GUI...

I thought it was the option "enable importer while in GUI" ?

Thanks for this excellent plugin

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Re : Re: disable automatic scrapper in GUI

I thought it was the option "enable importer while in GUI" ?

It means exactly what it says, GUI = Graphical User Interface, meaning when you use MovingPictures, you are inside GUI. So in short "Enable importer while in GUI" means that you allow the plugin to do import tasks while you are using it.

Disabling that option means you need to do all the importing via the configuration screen.

If you want to disable fanart, you need to edit your scraper and look for the:

<type>MovieDetailsFetcher|MovieCoverFetcher|MovieBackdropFetcher</type>

reference and then take out what you do not want the scraper to do, such as: <type>MovieDetailsFetcher</type>

But most of the times the backdrops are done via seperate scrapers, such as themoviedb.org one, so in that case, just disable all the scrapers that are listed for the backdrops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom