Disable Clock etc. (1 Viewer)

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Where can I disable all this infos in the red circle, everywhere in MP, the clock, date, sitename and so on, because this letters are very bad for my Plasma TV. I search in the xml files, but nothing found, that works. Anyone can help? Thank you

skin.jpg

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To disable the time and date you have to edit the common.time xml but to get rid of the other things you marked
    you have to edit quite a lot of files I think.
    I've got a plasma tv myself and have no problems with pictures burning into the screen. How long do you usually
    leave your tv alone not changing the screen?

Regards,

Rico

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    5 min and then MP enable the screenssaver, but 5 min after 800 hours plasma runtime was a little to long, I can see this letters now on light background. I changed the time now down to 60 sec, but this is not really useful for daily usage.

I edited the common.time.xml and everything, except the icons in the left corner and line "Ansicht: Youtube", is gone, maybe another hint would be helpful. Thx a lot.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    5 min and then MP enable the screenssaver, but 5 min after 800 hours plasma runtime was a little to long, I can see this letters now on light background. I changed the time now down to 60 sec, but this is not really useful for daily usage.

I edited the common.time.xml and everything, except the icons in the left corner and line "Ansicht: Youtube", is gone, maybe another hint would be helpful. Thx a lot.

I also have a plasma. This 'retention' you are seeing will go away. A plasma can't burn in after 5 minutes. So once you play a movie or something it will be gone for sure. Get used to it and enjoy your plasma!

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I know a plasma can't burn in in 5 minutes, but i can see those letters since a week, after a lot of movies and series, with or without cinemascope letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom