Disable IMDB scan on CD's (1 Viewer)

DaMenaCe

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
I have a MediaCenter using MediaPortal. I'm also using it as a CD player. So when my TV is turned off, i just want to insert a CD to hear a CD (just like a normal CD player). But almost everytime this IMDB search comes up and i have to select some CD (99% it's the most in the top). How can i disable this so i can insert cd's without have to select wich CD it is (IMDB).
I'm asking this for my partens. Thank you!
I'm using MediaPortal with latest SVN.

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Me too!

I have a MediaCenter using MediaPortal. I'm also using it as a CD player. So when my TV is turned off, i just want to insert a CD to hear a CD (just like a normal CD player). But almost everytime this IMDB search comes up and i have to select some CD (99% it's the most in the top). How can i disable this so i can insert cd's without have to select wich CD it is (IMDB).
    I'm asking this for my partens. Thank you!
    I'm using MediaPortal with latest SVN.

I need exactly the same! I need to put a CD and let it play automatically, without even connecting the TV, and MP keeps asking me the correct IMDB entry! Any way to disconnect IMDB, or tell it that use the first item by default??? Pleaaase. Without it, my wife won't let me replace the DVD player with my new HTPC!

Thanks all!

aLeX

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OK, as it seemed, this option was not available, so I managed to download the source code and modify it in order to select the first IMDB source when CD is in "Autoplay"->"Yes" . I have submitted the patch to sourceforge. Hope this improvement will be added to the next release!

If anyone needs/wants the patch... I don't know how to send it. I have ended with a whole new MediaPortal directory, and I don't know which files are really needed for this improvement. Also, the version of the SVN sources are different, and I think I would have to send ALL the files, and this would be a large "rar".

Anyway... if anyone is very interested, we'll find a solution!

aLeX

DaMenaCe

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Anyone with a solution to disable IMDB scan on cd's or automatic select the first option of the imdb results ?

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    As I said, there's no option to do this in the actual version. I have done a patch, but it was not included in the latest version. I'll try to submit it again to the new "patches forum" to see if it is included.

aLeX

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    My patch will be included in the next version of MediaPortal (I've been using it and it works), so the next version will have it. You will only have to set the "CD Autoplay" option to "Yes".

aLeX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom