Disable or set up remote in Windows (1 Viewer)

Naando

Portal Member
July 8, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 beta
Windows Version: Windows Vista 64 Ultimate

Hi! Im looking for a way to disable the remote in Vista, or at least configure it. For example, when I press the power button the computer shuts down, etc. Im looking for a way to use the remote only in MediaPortal, disabling it in any other applications.

Im using the Keyboard Input Plugin, but well, I can only change the MP functions here. Anyone got the whole IR service disabled when outside MP? Did some search in the forum without much luck, so sorry if this was already posted. :oops:

Sander-SP

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
I really need this too for Windows 7. I had it working under Vista x64 though. I own a X10 remote and I had drivers which only worked with MediaPortal. So I guess Windows didn't really recognize the remote as such. So I could just work on one monitor and my girlfriend could use MediaPortal on the TV.

Now I have Windows 7 and the drivers I used to install won't work anymore. I get an error saying that the rundll32.exe couldn't be started.

I do have other drivers that will work, but they would work for windows/mce as well so now mediaportal is stealing focus from my desktop....

anpuebla

April 22, 2010
me too, I need a posible solution.

I use Mediaportal on second monitor (LCD TV) and I dont want to the remote control windows, just Mediaportal.

anyway?

thanx in advance:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The reason I think why no one has answered this is, remotes mainly emulate keyboard input, except for a few special keys, so disabling will stop the thing from doing its job.

If its something just like the power button, you can set this to off under the WINDOWS power button setting, but do not be surprised that you then cannot use to turn pc back on.

anpuebla

April 22, 2010
    Thanx forur reply.

I.m looking a program called "IL remote" that some XBMC user mentioned in another forum, in a reply of a question similar to ours.

Using this program, you can specify to the remote to target an specific aplication only. that could be the answer for this post.
    I created the profile por Mediaportal, using this app but I can not implement it because I cant change de profile (make the mediaportal map key profile active) coz I.m using the free version.

More info here LM Gestion : LM Remote KeyMap : Customize your remote (Firefly, MCE Remote, USB-UIRT...)

Moelito

Portal Member
    September 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.
    One way to do this is to change the HidLr device settings in the registry according to:
    http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm
    My registry key did have another number than that was mentioned in the link above but was still located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\

This registry change together with IRSS will only send MCE remote buttons to the MP IRSS plugin (or any other sw that's listening to the IRServer).
    One thing though. The MPTray "start MP with green button" functionality will NOT work anymore.

If anyone know a way for this to work.. pleas let me know:)

//Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom