Disable "up" button in music library (1 Viewer)

Inspirement

November 14, 2013
Skänninge, Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I could only find a really old thread for this so I thought I'd ask again instead of bumping an old one.

Basically, I wonder if there is any way to disable the "up" entry, or "up one directory" button that's at the top of the list in the music lists. It annoys me a bit, since it's not present anywhere else as I use moving pictures, mp-tv series etc for my other media. I prefer to navigate back with the esc key (don't have a remote yet) so this button is completely redundant and only takes away from the experience.

I think the chances to do it are slim, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have different directories for music (e.g. one for classic, one for popmusic etc.), the ".." is absolutely necessary to change the directories.
    And this is always in lists (videos etc.) if you are not in a database view, but in a shares view ;)

Inspirement

November 14, 2013
    Skänninge, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I don't use the shares view, I'm in the database view. And I do realize that many people benefir from it, and did not suggest a removal of it, far from it. I simply want to remove it because that's the way I personally prefer it. I guess I can still live with it though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom