Disable virtual keyboard (1 Viewer)

freddano

Portal Member
February 7, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Like the title says. Is it possible?

I want to do that because I have a "real" keyboard, hooked up to my HTPC wirelessly. If I use the search box in the youtube-plugin (online videos) and search for, for example, "lonely island" I can put in "lonely " and then when I press "i" (or "s") I can't remember now, I'm taken away from the search-box and then I instantly get moved to the Dvd section (or browse My Pictures).

This behaviour is not desirable. Other than that, Fantastic Product!

(Sorry if this already has been answered. If that's the case, I couldn't find it)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    If virtual keyboard is visible you can't move to another scee by pressing key.
    What was stoppping you from typing test when virtual keyboard is shown?

freddano

Portal Member
    February 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you for your reply, but I am taken to another screen, even when the search box is visible. "f" takes me to live tv (can't be typed into a search field) "g" jumps to my music, "j" to my movies, "p" to my radio, "i" to my pictures, "m" steps back. When this happens, the search box goes black, but stays in view. This also happens under "search music" and in the "search for title" in the tv-screen[DOUBLEPOST=1351801311][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, I'm using MP 1.2.3 running on Windows 7 Ultimate

freddano

Portal Member
    February 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I figured out what causes the problem. If I have the sceneo remote enabled (I have one of those) the above described problem occurs. If I turn off the sceneo I can input for example "lonely island" in a search box without problems.

More Specifically, it's the "Extended Buttons" section on the remote that causes the problems

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom