Discrepancy between runtimes (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have only noticed this with one movie so far (out of over 1k movies), but I haven't scrutinised each one.

In Moving Pictures extension, the runtime is correct (93 minutes), but in MP via Moving Pictures, before I click on play, the info for it says 3hrs 5mins. When I click on play, it shows the correct info again.

Any help please?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Update MediaInfo.dll to v0.7.82 see if that fixes it. I just released a new IMDb+ MPEI plugin that does it automatic if you are an IMDb+ user.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm still trying to figure out how to commit the update.xml to GitHub. This was soo much easier on SVN that I am frustrated to the point of killing GitHub all together.

But you can manually download the MPEI for now.

v2.1.0.291 is the latest IMDb+ plugin.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok, I have downloaded the newest IMDb+ manually. How would I apply any updates to the relevant movie in question?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Verify that v4.9.54 of the scraper-script got installed, either via IMDb+ plugin hidden menu "IMDb+ Info" or inside MovPic configuration.

It is also inside Moving-Pictures plugin or configuration that you refresh a movie. In the configuration tool you go to "Movie Details" tab and click the refresh icon in the top right area. Inside MediaPortal GUI you F9/context menu and select the option to update online data (forgot exact term, but it should be listed 1st inside movie options).

Ohh MediaInfo update is separate, should be in same location, but look under action/etc.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I also just realized you might be dealing with another issue, and that is accidental movie grouping.

Open MovPic config, locate the movie in question inside "Movie Details" tab, and then change the drop down box to show "file details" and you can see if any file grouping took place. This is normally designed to turn movie.CD1.mp4 and movie.CD2.mp4 into one "movie" that will play both files seamlessly together.

Default MovPic setting is to group files in the same folder (check under importer settings), so you might have gotten movie1.mp4 and movie2.mp4 merges as "movie 1", which also explains runtime differences.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    I have scraper v4.9.52?

This particular movie is only a single file though.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So yeah by default IMDb+ plugin only checks for updates once every 24 hours, but you can modify that, as well as add the option to check upon MePo launch.

Enable that setting via Extensions plugin and restart MePo, or wait till tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom