Discrete Home buttons (1 Viewer)

Viscouse

Portal Member
July 10, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hope this is in the right forum!

I haven't found a way to discretely flip to any of the Home menu buttons with either a key or remote button. Did I miss something?

For instance, I'm wanting to hit "D" and go to Play DVD, or "M" for Moving Pics", etc.

Reason being, I want to play music w/o having to fire up the monitor. So hitting "L" for, say, Last.fm, would work out nicely.

Can anyone help?

Viscouse

Portal Member
July 10, 2010
Home Country
Thanks rekenaar.

I did actually read the wiki, and look for the option I wanted in the config list. What would have been more helpful, as I originally asked, would be a response as to if discrete calls to the home menu options was supported.

I'm guessing no, but I was hoping someone could confirm that. And if so, if anyone had successfully made a work around.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Then I guess I did not understand your question since I thought I did answer it.

From my answer you will be able to map a button or key to Window Radio_lastFM. Or to Music/Videos/whatever. A bit more complicated for external plugins like MovingPictures, but still very much doable.
    So pressing L will open lastFM. Is that not what you wanted? (also check out OneButtonMusic plugin).

From your reply that it was not helpful and what you asked, maybe you can explain a bit more keeping in mind that English is not my first language, so sorry if I do not follow...

Viscouse

Portal Member
    July 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks again! I read your links a little more carefully, and discovered the entire list of supported windows. I probably could have been more clear with my original request, and appreciate your patience with me fumbling my way through this.

I am in fact trying to get a window for a plugin...specifically a MultiShortcut plugin. I checked out the OneTouchMusic plugin, and notice that it will only use actual music files, and not run a plugin. Thank you for the idea. It has potential, but I do not know enough about plugins to modify it to my needs!

Would you be able to please point me in the direction of trying to assign a key to a MS plugin?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country

Viscouse

Portal Member
    July 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Awesome. That's exactly what I needed! Thank you for taking the time to search and find that for me...I wouldn't have known where to start.

I used that plugin to assign a key, and then mapped the key to a button on the remote.

Done & done.

As I get better I hope to be able to contribute more.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    pleasure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom