[solved] DiseqC problems after upgrade to 1.25 (2 Viewers)

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I recently upgraded my somewhat ancient 1.16 installation to the latest version, 1.25, and have a couple of problems, but the most serious one at the moment is that I no longer seem to be able to use DiseqC commands to switch from Astra 28.2E to Astra 19.2E.

I have two LNB's, a twin LNB aimed at Astra 28.2E, and second single LNB aimed at Astra 19.2E. One of the outputs of the twin LNB goes to tuner 1 on my satellite card, and there's a 2/1 DiseqC switch connecting the other output and the single LNB to tuner 2.

The satellite card is a Digital Devices Cine S2/V7A, the DiseqC switch is an Opticum DSG 2/1 OUT (claims to be DiseqC 2.0 compatible).

I have attached logs from an attempt to tune a channel on Astra 19.2E from SetupTv.exe, which very quickly returns an error "No signal found".

Performing a channel scan on tuner 2 (with only Astra 19.2E enabled) just results in a duplication of some of the channels on Astra 28.2 as there's an overlap in the transponder frequencies, which suggests that the DiseqC command is not working for some reason.

What's odd though is that TransEdit works perfectly, and I can do a full scan of Astra 19.2E, as does a demo version of DVB Viewer Pro.

Just to eliminate any problems with the upgrade, I installed MP 2 in parallel, but had exactly the same problem.

Running Windows 10 build 1909, and latest Digital Devices drivers.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• SetupTv.zip
    9.4 KB

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
OK, fixed. I'd also updated the satellite tuner drivers to the latest version, so reverted back to the previous version and all is well. I'll get on to Digital devices about it, most unlike them, they're usually very reliable.

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi AlunS.

I have almost the same, problem, a complete new MP build with the DD Cine S2/V7A, reception is fine but no LNB Switch switching.
Can you tell me witch driver did not work and witch driver works.
And did you do any configuration with the DD Control Center, or did you leave that in normal mode?

Thanks in Advance.

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
OK trial and error.

For who is interested, driver versions 3.1.1.248 from 2020 and 3.0.3.224 from 2019 don't work.
Version 3.0.0.194 from 2018 works with the level AA, Level AB Level BA level BB DiSEqC settings.

And no settings in the DD control center necessary.

Hope this was helpful.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Sorry, I was busy and took a while to get to this ...

I'd upgraded to version 3.1.1.248 also but from 3.0.2.21, not 3.0.0.194 and that was when I experienced the problems. I was just using Simple A and Simple B. Downgrading back to 3.0.2.21 solved the problem. I'm not sure about the date for that one but the file creation date is 16/12/2018.

I was lucky I still had the old installation file, as I couldn't find any old versions on DD's site anywhere, unless I wasn't looking properly.

I never did contact Digital Devices about it though, forgot all about it. Anyway, seeing as TransEdit, DVB Viewer Pro and DD's own DVB Viewer based viewer all work with the newest drivers it would seem the problem is in MP somewhere.

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank You Aluns.

Sadly I have to say the problems are not really finished,

Version 3.0.0.194 and 2.6.5.248, DiSEqC switching works , but a lot of trouble to start watching a channel, it say's unable to start timeshift after a couple of try's it will show the channel but every time you want to switch to another channel, the same of another LNB , same problems.

Versions 3.0.0.194 and 3.1.1.248, work fine with viewing and switching channels on the same satellite, but no DiSEqC switching, so only one LNB.

Version 3.02.21 is not available on the DD downloads.

There are al the old drivers but no 3.02.21 so I have to ask DD
I'm also going to contact DD about this issue.

As far as I understand MP 1 only can use DiSEqC 1 commands, like simple A, B or Level AA, AB,BA,BB and MP 1 uses the devices BDA drivers to do so.
There has not been an update for long with this on MP.
Before I did use the firedtv/flopydtv never had any problems with that in MP 1

So I think it's DD driver problem, if old versions can use DiSEqC 1 but newer can't

I will contact DD and we will see.

Aluns. maybe you could post or share the 3.0.2.21 drivers, then I also can try them.

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Latest Update.

I did a search on DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-3.0.2.211-x64.msi and found one.

And yes it works, I had to do a rescan of all the channels but now is seems to work, DiSEqC is working and viewing channels and switching channels also work with no problems.

The only thing that remains is, the switching between the channels, on the same satellite so without LNB switching, is more smooth with the newer drivers.
So I'm still going to contact DD and we will see.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Willem, again, sorry for the late response, it was a public holiday here in Ireland :) Anyway, glad you found the driver OK and that it works for you.

Will you keep us up to date here on what DD say about it?

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Aluns,

I did send my support requests to DD, but so far no reply.

I will keep you informed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom