[solved] DiseqC problems after upgrade to 1.25 (1 Viewer)

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Aluns,

Funny, do you speak Dutch or just one word?

I did receive the first reply Yesterday, quote "I will ask our developer about changes in the driver regarding DiSEqC, but as far as I know there was no changes. The Driver .211 had a big bug for some cards, so this not longer supported."

I will keep you informed,
And post it here, maybe also usefull for other users

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
[Dutch mode]
Ik kom oorspronkelijk uit Engeland, maar woonde 13 jaar in Nederland, tussen 1988 en 2001, in de buurt van Eindhoven! Zoals je ziet, woon ik nu in Ierland, waar ik helaas heel weinig gebruik kan maken van min Nederlands.
[/Dutch mode]

Loking forward to what DD have to say about our problem, and hopefully they'll come up with a solution!

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Update,
After I send a reminder, I got an answer today, they are working on it, and they received feedback from a MediaPortal Developer on Monday.
So I hope I will soon hear from them again.

[Dutch mode]
Aha geinig om te horen, ik ben zelf eigenlijk nog nooit in Eindhoven geweest, wel eens in Dublin.
[Dutch mode]
I live in the other big city which is overflowing again with tourists who like to smoke an drink a lot.

I will keep you informed.

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Aluns.

No, sad to say, but the last contact with DD was around 10-09-2020.
Last reply was, "it could take a while".
Last driver version which seems to work for me is 3.0.2.211.
But I've got the impression with the latest driver, the image quality is a little better.
So I hope there will be a new driver.

So I think I will send them a reminder next week.

I believe the post at the German forum is about another problem, about not able to receive HD channels.
I have no problems with any of the HD channels om Astra.
And I have the DD cine 2 V7a, so maybe not the same problem.

Greetings

w8andc

Portal Member
October 23, 2005
Belgium
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Interesting thread!

I have encountered the same problem 2 years ago and was forced to switch to DVBviewer in combination with Kodi on Nvidia Shield and Windows.
I never could find the problem. It didn't came up in my mind to use a much older driver for my Cine S2 v6.5 DVB-S2 dual tuner PCI-e card.
I also couldn't find other people with the same problem or a solution in this or other forums.
It seems more people are affected with this problem and thereby a more common problem in Mediaportal.

By chance I tried just today in the afternoon once again the new Mediaportal 1.27 version before I found this thread, but with the same result.
No working LNB diseqc switch in Mediaportal.

By the way: the same problem also happens in NextPVR 4 or 5.

I've found the 3.0.2.211 x64 driver and I am going to test it.
Maybe I can use Mediaportal again. That would be great.

Last edited:

WillemR

Portal Member
August 1, 2020
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers.

3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but DD told me, those where beta drivers, and some cards did have problems with them.
Here you can find stable older drivers, Digital Devices Store
But 3.0.3.224 did not work for me, so the latest stable driver is 3.0.0.195 .

Bu I have to say, DD is very very slow with new drivers.

To Aluns, still no reply, did send a new mail today.
Maybe you could also send a request to DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom