[Approved] Display driver for vfd Futaba MDM166A in minidisplay plugin (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, I could try do something but I don't have the hardware. Also have little time these days... Until then do not upgrade if you want to use your display.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Been working on another Futaba hardware though. That GP1212A01A.
    uploadfromtaptalk1404937137646.jpg

Datenschredder

Portal Member
    December 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stéphane, as I understand it, the request was to integrate the Futaba driver, which should and will still work into the current minidisplay plugin. Would be good if someone could take care of it.
    I stopped all improvements because no one seems to care about the official implementation. I tried to follow the correct workflow and don't understand why nothing happens
    If someone just would tell me that he would care for integration, I would prepare and test it of course.

Otherwise it would not make sense.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you rebase on the current master and provide binaries for the guys to test against 1.8?

I broke MiniDisplay binary compatibility when integrating support for iMON Display API, that's why your old patched binaries are crashing MP 1.8.

Once it's working again and in sync with master it should be fairly easy to get your code on master and the next release. I will help with that.

Datenschredder

Portal Member
    December 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stéphane,
    sounds good. I will take care for as soon as possible. Need to reinstall dev environment and github stuff etcetera... I will give you a notification after re-Integration. Thanks for your Support.

Datenschredder

Portal Member
    December 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The driver uses some usb / hid base classes of Florian Leitner (of course GNU General Public License Software).
    You can find it here: http://www.florian-leitner.de/index.php/projects/usb-hid-driver-library/
    In addition, I used a description of Muetze, whose Homepage I currently cannot reach: http://muetze1.de/
    This description provides a protocol of the different functionalities. I can send it to you later if you would like to have a look into it.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see, really cool stuff. Actually I could reuse some of that for supporting those Futaba GP1212A01A and GP1212A02A.
    Could you put the generic HID stuff in different CS files so that it could be easily reused for other displays?
    If you have the specs for that Futaba MDM166A could you attach them here for reference? I know Futaba usually provide them as PDF.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom