[Approved] Display driver for vfd Futaba MDM166A in minidisplay plugin (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll try taking care of that over the week-end.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello boy's

thank you for your help, you're welcome for help us on improvement of MediaPortal.
    The best way is to use Github repo, on your local repo, at least you can provide easily patch form code (y)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If we want to include this in 1.8.1 we should test it. (better sooner then later.)

I dont have the hardware you guys have, but I can test on regression with my IMON VFD display.
    Can you build a testbuild which includes the patch/rework and post in this thread? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/installers-10-ready-for-testing.126339/
    Can you indicate shortly what to look for during testing, what changed?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was hoping to make a few more changes before putting this one master. Though I did not know it could in 1.8.1. What's the dead line for 1.8.1?
    All you need to do is check that your basic iMON stuff is still working. Can someone trigger a build from IRC? I never know the command.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    • What is the releasedate for 1.9PRE? (>A: release date for 1.8.100 is 12 - Aug -2014)
    • What is the closing date and time for merging stuff? (>A: Code freeze on 29 - July - 2014)
    But I do not want you to think I am trying to rush this development. I am not. If something is ready, tested and reviewed all ok, it is perfectly allowed to be merged.
    If the date given is just too soon, next release is just a few months later. I only posted my question because you asked in the dev team thread about this :)

But, long story short, the dates means a branch/build (of 1.8 incl. this nice work here) needs to be tested, reviewed before the 29th July.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, got confused there.I thought we were doing a bug fix release for 1.8.
    It's hardly my work btw I'm just integrating it really. Credit goes to the guys above :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, maybe I understood wrong,
    But from what i understand now. Latest public MP version is 1.8 final. Next one should be 1.9 pre-release. This change can contain (from what I thought) all kinds of things.. new features etc.. After 1.9 pre-release is out, the next step is to go to 1.9 final, which should not have major reworks like going from 1.8 to 1.9 pre. Only bugfixes and non critical things to make the best stable release of 1.9final

Well, I hope I am right. (@HomeY )? I'm still kind of fresh here, so I hope you don't hit me if I'm wrong :) :) The way I describe it above makes sense to me.

[edit]
    To be sure. 1.8.100 = 1.9 Pre Release

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright I got the hardware this week and could get it to work quite nicely with MP and the provided driver code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom