[EPG] Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page (2 Viewers)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, then I will come to a new dimension: Not just "using" MediaPortal - also compiling... - I hope you can help me a little bit then. This would be my first time.

When I edit a Channel in TV-Server Config I get the following for example for "RTL Television"

greenshot_2010-08-07_10-50-05.jpg

But as you can see in the Picture before the displayed Channel number for RTL Television is "103".

But there is no Number 103 in the "Edit Channel" window...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page

You have selected to display three numbers for channels (in MP Config, that is default). Set it to "2" and all will bei nice ;)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    greenshot_2010-08-07_13-59-39.jpg

As you can see, I´ve already configured the maximum lengh to TWO Numbers. Please believe us, that there is something wrong.
    riksmith is working on a patch for that and we should wait for that.

Regards

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

And why does it show here like the screenshot below (changed the channel numbers manually from 1 - 30 and activated to show only 2 numbers):
    And please believe me there is nothing wrong atm - riksmiths patch will be in a future release and will automate the channel numbering - nothing more.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
      Image1.jpg
      235.6 KB

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are using DVB-T, right!?

Check your Configuration. When you edit a Channel in TV-Server Config, do you really get the same window which I get?

greenshot_2010-08-07_10-50-05.jpg

I don´t think so. I had DVB-S before and there was a different window for editing channels. As you also can see in my screenshot, there is no entry where is displayed "channel number". For DVB-C it is not possible at the moment.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The channel numbers from DVB-C are assigned by the provider. Therefore no editing possible. I would not consider this as a bug.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We don´t consider this as a bug. The improvment suggestion here is just to display numbers in the EPG Page from 1 till ....

riksmith develops a solution to display the index-number on the EPG Page. We know that editing the channel numbers for DVB-C users is not possible.

Therefore

I would appreciate a solution where we could activate an option where the Channel numbers are displayed in the TV-Program page AND where the Channel number start with one at the top and increments to the bottom.

Just the same as the index number

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We don´t consider this as a bug. The improvment suggestion here is just to display numbers in the EPG Page from 1 till ....

riksmith develops a solution to display the index-number on the EPG Page. We know that editing the channel numbers for DVB-C users is not possible.

Therefore

I would appreciate a solution where we could activate an option where the Channel numbers are displayed in the TV-Program page AND where the Channel number start with one at the top and increments to the bottom.

Just the same as the index number

Whoops, My fault. I had already solved DVB-C channel number not being editable, but that is not yet released. It will be in 1.1.1 if all goes well.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here is the patch.

If you want to compile it, please do NOT use the trunk (1.2.0 dev) since this can be buggy after major changes just being made.
    You can use the "Release 1.1.0" tag.

There are no guarantees on the quality of the patch, since it has not been tested / reviewed and accepted yet.

Edit: Also a binary is attached

Attachments

• Mantis 2985 Setting select channel by index and show channel numbers does not show index in gu.patch
      908 bytes
    • TvPlugin.rar
      143.1 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you guys know if the TV Guide is the only place where the display of a channel number is wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom