[EPG] Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think this is the only place where the channel "numbers" are wrong. I think it would be great if in future there would be an option in the TV-Server Channel config a check-box where we can activate to display the index number instead of the channel number.

I don´t know how mediaportal is developed in deep, so I don´t know if there is a link between the channel number of the broadcaster and the config of mediaportal. Maybe other things have to be considered then... - Just a guess from novice. Developers would know more...

OK, and I had a look at the manual for compiling mediaportal. So I think I have to download the source and compile the whole mediaportal, right!?

I found this section here in the manual:

Note that these prerequisuites are applicable to all methods of compiling MediaPortal.

You will need a .NET compiler, for example Visual Studio 2005/2008 or ?SharpDevelop

Get the latest MediaPortal source from the SourceForge SVN repository. (See MediaPortal SVN for more detailed instructions.)

Install the .NET 2.0 SDK (if not already installed with Visual Studio). This SDK also includes the needed MSHTML assembly (Microsoft.mshtml.dll).

Install the latest MS DirectX SDK.

(Optional:) If you want to run unit tests, install NUnit Framework for C# or Testdriven.NET. (Apparently manditory as of 2006.)

This would be a real big task for me... - Maybe I will wait for the next release candidate then...

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes compiling is not for "normal users". But i have attached the binary to my post, so you should be able to use that.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think this is the only place where the channel "numbers" are wrong. I think it would be great if in future there would be an option in the TV-Server Channel config a check-box where we can activate to display the index number instead of the channel number.

Why would you need an extra setting? Is selecting "Select channels by index" and checking "Show channel numbers" not enough?

I cannot imagine why someone who has set "Select by index" wants to see the configured number and the other way around.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
no, that was a misunderstanding. This would also be enough for me.
That is everything I want... ;-)

One Problem when I exchange the TVPlugin.dll:

When I start MediaPortal, it tells me that there is a different version between MediaPortal and the TVPlugin.dll

greenshot_2010-08-08_12-44-28.jpg

Do you know how we can fix that?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page

riksmith and jimbeam128: The SVN trunk is now open for 1.1.0. Therefore the TVplugin.dll was compiled against latest SVN.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no, that was a misunderstanding. This would also be enough for me.
    That is everything I want... ;-)

One Problem when I exchange the TVPlugin.dll:

When I start MediaPortal, it tells me that there is a different version between MediaPortal and the TVPlugin.dll

greenshot_2010-08-08_12-44-28.jpg

Do you know how we can fix that?

Start MP with the argument: /AvoidVersionCheck

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Display incrementing Channel numbers in EPG-Page

@riksmith and jimbeam128: The SVN trunk is now open for 1.1.0. Therefore the TVplugin.dll was compiled against latest SVN.

??

I think you mean 1.2.0, but i have not compiled from trunk. I compiled from 1.1.0 final. The revision in the version is because i made a local build (don't know how others do that).

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks really good now:

greenshot_2010-08-08_15-27-56.jpg

Hope the final patch will be integrated in future releases. Maybe could you compile the next version of your tvplugin.dll to be considered by mediaportal as 1.1.0.0? - That would be great, because there are some things were I cannot add a Parameter for executing the file "MediaPortal.exe"... That would suppress some trouble in my environment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom