Dissable mpg recording ?? (2 Viewers)

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    0001991: [TvServer] dissable mpg recording (chemelli)

Please reconsider this.
    mpg recording is extreemly important. The main reason for this is that it is standard.

- Plays in any other video software.
    - Can be edited in any editing software.
    - Can be just copied to any USB storage and pluged into any modern DVD player.

It is that important that my decision for my HTPC is to postpone instaling 1.0.1 as much as I can.

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please reconsider this.
    mpg recording is extreemly important. The main reason for this is that it is standard.

So is ts format, this decision was not taken lightly, it just broke things for many users, ie no recording\blank recording, pretty critical for those affected.

Just rename the extension to mpeg for use on dvd player, all modern video editing software, supports ts format.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Ray,

I have to disagree about “ts-files”.... I have had a lot of problems to get it to work properly in all my normal editing software...including TMPGEnc. The only way to get “ts-files” working in these other apps is to re-encode all my recordings to “mpeg2” using a free app called HDTVtoMpeg2. It’s a major pain, but the decision was made and now I just live with it….

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have had a lot of problems to get it to work properly in all my normal editing software...including TMPGEnc.

Hi geov

That's strange because I use TMPGEnc Express and never had a problem, they also work fine with Windows Movie Maker, so unless the files have something mine do not, just do not know.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's like with the HD-PVR. Sure, it saves it's files as a .ts, but that doesn't mean they adhere to the mpeg-2 standard. If you open a .ts file that was recorded from a HD-PVR, it's a h264 .ts file, which is not editable via TMPGEnc, and most other programs without a lot of hassle. Not to say that I could ever record to mpeg-2 anyway with the HD-PVR, just throwing in my .02 of why some files can be edited while others can't

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Unfortunately mpg recording is based on MS filters are those are causing a lot of issues we cannot fix. Thsi is why after long thinking we decided to remove mpeg support.

:sorry:

Simone

n0ssy

June 29, 2008
    Home Country
    I regularly use Tmpgenc for my .ts files and it usually works perfectly, it's good for sorting out any sync issues
    The only times I have a problem is when Tmpgenc refuses to open a file when there's errors at the very start of the stream, which happens randomly every once in a while, I've had about 10-20 problem files from 1000's of recordings, any other app plays these files properly but a quick convert to mpeg usually sorts it

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please reconsider this.

So is ts format, this decision was not taken lightly, it just broke things for many users, ie no recording\blank recording, pretty critical for those affected.

Just rename the extension to mpeg for use on dvd player, all modern video editing software, supports ts format.

So does this mean that the MP (version 1.0) video editor plugin is obsolete? When i cut commercials out of my recordings now .ts with MP video editor i lost the audio, always worked when recording in mpeg.

Tried changing from .ts to .mpeg no audio..

smiler3k

Portal Member
    January 17, 2008
    Lancashire
    Home Country
    I think this is a good idea because using mpg recording i always get no audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom