Ditched DUD Tuners and moved to DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-t Dual Digital 4 TV Card - All Good! (1 Viewer)

What's your experience with DViCO Tuners?

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

feizex

Portal Member
July 26, 2009
Home Country
Hi Guys,

After getting tired of trying to figure out why the DTV cards I had were not reliable and would just stop working after a while, I decided to bite the bullet and replace them.

I am sooo glad I did. Although there were some teething issues, including clearing the BIOS and changing pci slots a few times and doing MP reinstall (and fiddling with DB credentials), my MP is up and running with the following dual DTV tuner...

DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-t Dual Digital 4 TV Card, Two Channels, PiP, PCI, Revision 2 (Black PCB) DVI-130
http://www.eyo.com.au/117260_dvico-...els-pip-pci-revision-2-black-pcb-dvi-130.html

It was pretty cheap too AU$40 + delivery - YAY!

I know it may have been better to go pcie but for that price who cares? BTW, it also has analogue on it - but who uses that?

The two dud cards it replaces are:
- Winfast DTV2000H (PCI)
- Avermedia TwinStar A825 (USB dual tuner)

Sooo much better when you have a card that works reliably!
I got to the point with the old cards where I didn't trust them to record anything so I gave up with MP for a while.

I even gave up just trying to watch remotely with MP client. The tuners would screw up and not deliver video.

I think this DViCO one is much snappier with startup channel tuning and channel change too.

Now All Good! =)

Regards,
Feizex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom