[TV] DJBlu's Custom Data Grabber and plugins Integration into MP (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu @mm1352000 @Sebastiii

Is it possible, for example, to loop the carousel data through different EPG carrier types? While that is possibly the wrong expression, what I mean is that is it possible grab the EPG data and pass it through say an EIT filter, OpenTV filter, MHEG5 filter etc. until you've grabbed all the data and it has been decoded and then do a logic check on it and discard elements which are not complete or if you have repeated text? I ask this as in New Zealand, Sky transmit EPG data over EIT and OpenTV. OpenTV carries more detail and the 7 HD channel guide from what I can gather but things like Box Office are carried fully on EIT and not on OpenTV.

Maybe NZ is a special case, but I wonder if a system could be created so that as new EPG types are discovered they can be added as plugins and then selected; I would then enable EIT/OpenTV but someone in the UK might enable MHEG5 and OpenTV. This would allow the complete grabbing of the guide and would allow a little more flexibility should providers change the way EPG is carried...

Anyway, the ability to do these things makes MediaPortal fantastic and with committed devs and clever people (looking at you DJBlu!) things can only get better (I am sure there is a classic 90s hit in there somewhere...)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Like others have said, without this plugin I would go back to using a STB for TV. I've been using the data grabber for over 2 years now and from showing other people its features, I know for a fact that it has attracted many other people to using MePo. Even minor features such as the auto logo downloads are a massive bonus and should definitely be included in MePo. The biggest problem with it over the years has been installation due to it not being integrated.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not to diminish the clearly excellent TVE, but this plugin makes MePo a replacement for a Sky box for me. I won't upgrade MePo without DJBlu's version and if he gave up I'd probably go back to the sky box.
    It doesn't need spelling out, if you're in a country that can use this it's THE MePo version to be using.
    MePo is great for advanced tweaking and worldwide support, but you simply can't beat a 3 or 4 click setup - I used to spend hours setting TV up and the EPG was still sketchy most of the time. If his work shouldn't be part of MePo general release I'm not sure what should!

Did I mention the love I have for this mod? :)

(PS it needs its own sub forum somewhere too because there are so many people that struggle with TV and EPG that this could solve and its not visible enough!!)

can you get an amen? yes you can!

preach brother ...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Again though, I appreciate that this is just a small mod in comparison and I don't want to come across like TVE is not appreciated or anything because it's pretty clear how much effort people have put into it and the ongoing work from mm and the others to support it and develop TVE3.5. We wouldn't even be talking about it if there was no engine :) Not to mention we are just a few countries with a single broadcast standard that can take advantage of it when the engine must support all the types for everyone around the world and who knows how many different hardware types.. But yes on a purely selfish level - it's a nice addon.

Last edited:

bongobarry

Portal Member
    April 18, 2012
    Home Country
    +1 for proper DJblu Sky EPG integration into mediaportal. This plugin makes mediaportal superior to any other

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Ditto above, I only use it for Freesat and I won't upgrade without it. +1 for integration.

MonkeyJug

Portal Member
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    I agree. I only every upgrade MePo as soon as DJBlu's grabber is compatible with the latest version. It is what defines MePo for me. Without it, I'd be using a normal Sky Box...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom