DN2800MT for TV Server usage only (1 Viewer)

receiverbox

Portal Member
March 17, 2013
Regensburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

had a try with the forum search, but no Hits.

Has no body (long-term) experience with the DN2800MT from Intel (Atom D2800 on a new Thin mini-ITX motherboard)?

I've set up a configuration and was surpirsed that obviously no body did this before.

fatdada

Portal Member
November 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi - how is the dn2800mt as a tvserver? did you go for windows/mediaportal or Linux/vdr?

I've have one - hd playback isn't good so thinking of changing to tvserver - what are your thoughts?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have an single core atom cpu based tvserver with two usb dvb-t tuner. It can serve 3-4 clients.

Last edited:

receiverbox

Portal Member
    March 17, 2013
    Regensburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the board run. Try a different vendor)
    If the Memory fits, you just Need to press the power-btn and should see at least the splash Screen of BIOS.

The DN2800MT is for sure not the righ choice for HD playback, only for Streaming.
    If you want to have HD playback and TV Server, have a look at the Gigabyte B75TN. A thin-mini-itx with single power supply but a cpu of your choice (preferable Core i3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom