dnt Eurostick (dvb-t) (1 Viewer)

tt222

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
Hi all,

I try to get my brand new dnt Eurostick working with media portal 1.3.
But so far without success. I tried the origin and the Yakumo BDA driver, but autotune doesnt work.

Anyone with experiences with the eurostick here?

regards

Tom

tt222

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
djepi posted this, for the freecom dvb-t usb stick
and this works for the dnt eurostick as well:

I've managed to get this working...

1) Download the beta YAKUMO driver (which uses the same hardware as the Freecom) from here:

http://www.yakumo.de/service/?pid=555&aid=257&ag=23&back=1

2) Update your drivers in Windows Device Manager to these.

3) Reboot

4) Add the following code to the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml located in c:\Program files\Team MediaPortal

<capturecard commercialname="Freecom USB DVB-T" capturename="Digital TV Device Capture" devid="vid_14aa&amp;pid_0221&amp;mi_00">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="true" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Digital TV Receiver" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="Digital TV Device Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

5) Save the file

Sorted....

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nice one - I told someone to do this a while back but he said it did not work.
    I guess the beta version made the difference.

DMAN

fabian.hoppe

December 13, 2005
    I´m using the ismart WT-220U DVB-T usb stick which is actually a clone of the Eurostick. I tried the above and failed but remembered another post mentioning that it should work under 0.2.0 RC1.

So I deinstalled all drivers, reinstalled the yakumo BDA drivers, installed 0.2.0 RC1, edited capturecards.xml and it works. Unfortunately the tv image is in a kind of "stop and go" mode although priority is set to 10 in the capture card properties. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom