Do I have to use the Series Name in the filename? (1 Viewer)

lornaevo

Portal Member
October 24, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a bunch of Series that I would like to use with this plugin.. Do I have to use the Series Name in the filename, eg
The Big Bang Theory S1E1.mkv
or can I just put it in a folder called Big Bang Theory and then name the files like this
S1E1.mkv

would that work?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a bunch of Series that I would like to use with this plugin.. Do I have to use the Series Name in the filename, eg
    The Big Bang Theory S1E1.mkv
    or can I just put it in a folder called Big Bang Theory and then name the files like this
    S1E1.mkv

would that work?

The Parsing Expressions handle that, there is one that deals with "Show - S01E01 - Episode Title.ext", and one that deals with "Show\Season 1\S01E01.ext", as well as others.

There are about 50 supported folder+file-name schemes via the default parsing expressions, and you can also add your own. Via the expression request and exchange forum threads you can ask for and look at many others.

So if your scheme is not working as-is, then look through the expression exchange thread first (easiest is from last page to first, as later ones fix old ones) to see if others have already provided you with a solution. Finally if all fails you can then ask for help via the request thread, or adjust your filenames or folder structures to match one already supported.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yes that would work too, provided you pick an expression that fits.
    In case the defaults don't work, please post a full filename (with path) example so people can advise you .

lornaevo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2011
    Home Country
    I appreciate the swift response but I am not sure that I understand, all this parsing stuff.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I take it you tried it and it didn't work?
    Your structure is:
    "Big Bang Theory\S1E1.mkv" correct?
    If it does not work, then please go to Settings -> Import -> Parsing expressions. Add "<Series>\S<Season>E<Episode>.mkv" (copy it exactly as is here, without the quotation) , make sure you select "simple expression" and use the buttons to make it the first to appear. It should then work. You can also unselect all the others if all of your files follow this exact same convention.

lornaevo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok, This is how I have my drive set up.

D:/Movies
    D:/TV
    D:/Downloads

So this is an example of my Tv Series

D:/TV/Big Bang Theory/Season 1/S1E1.MKV

Would that work?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    In that case, as Rochess mentioned, you shouldn't have to do anything. The defaults should work. Did you try it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom