Do you use 16:9 or 4:3? (1 Viewer)

Do you use 16:9 or 4:3 on you tv?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Since I have been doing alot of skinning lately I thought it would be good to know what kind of format you guys/gals use? All the skins done so far has really been focusing on 4:3 and that might be the way it should be, I just wanted to know :)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently 4:3, but i am planning and saving money for 16:9! :)

Anyway, i voted for 4:3, do not think money is enough in short time. ;) Only a lottery could help.

I would appreciate, if there is one default skin 4:3 and one default 16:9 in the future in MP! (perhaps the same just streched?)

A

Anonymous

FlipGer said:
    Currently 4:3, but i am planning and saving money for 16:9! :)

Anyway, i voted for 4:3, do not think money is enough in short time. ;) Only a lottery could help.

I would appreciate, if there is one default skin 4:3 and one default 16:9 in the future in MP! (perhaps the same just streched?)

I wonder how you calculate graphics for 16:9, there must be some sort of formula... I mean how do you do a perfect circle in 16:9? It would be really really boring to test each and every graphic element on a tv... Anyone have any input?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Somsonite,

There are 16:9 skins with XBMC by default.
    Since MP is leveraged from XBMC it may be worth grabbing o few of these skins and looking at how they have done it.

Check this out...

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=1;t=3115

In terms of graphics, you would just keep these the same you just have more width or less height to play with in terms of positioning. Whatever way you want to look at it.

If you can run a 16:9 resolution then it's easy to test I suppose.

DMAN.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh and if anyone knows how to pull the graphics out of XPR files then let me know.
    I'm not sure but MP does not support this compressed format.

I would dearly love to get Project Mayhem working on MP... if it's not done already and posted somewhere I don't know of.

DMAN.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it depends on the way your TV is on.
    If your TV is on anamorphic (stretch) the you need to shrink the images in width.
    If you put your TV in real 16x9 then you need to change positioning in the skins as everything gets zoomed.

But I assume we all use anamorphic.
    The important graphics in MP GUI r allready compensated with the pixelratio you set. in home>settings>calibrate>screen calibration
    So albumart, thumbnails, pics etc etc look ok allready on 16x9

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom