Docos and Music Vid Clips (1 Viewer)

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
April 17, 2007
Home Country
G'day dewds,

Brilliant plugin! actually the whole MP program is brilliant, well done and thnx to all! :D

loaded the plugin the other night, kept me up for hours playing with it.
I have had a bit of a search around but I can't find out how to add my collection of docos, the tv series db doesn't pick them up. I have tried in myvideos to get art/info but imdb doesn't have info (well mp can't find it) either, has any body got their docos art/info from either the tvdb or the imdb? or is there another source?

We also have 500+ music videos, is there a way to have this plugin or any other to sort and find cover art/info/thumbs for them?

any help at all will be appreciated

once again thnx to all who have contributed to this plugin and MP, it has changed my living room ;)

Edit:the doco file are usually named like Discovery.Civilisation.The.Strangest.Viking.PDTV.XViD-AERiAL.avi
or similar, I have tried to keep my recordings named in a similar fashion, is it just the naming of them?

MM

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Some docus are in the online db, but usually those are part of a series (such as Planet Earth). Some are also in under their Channel, like BBC Docus, etc. You can thus name your files accordingly (generally Season 0 and an arbitrary "episode" number). You need to check this case by case.

Music Videos is absolutely not what this plugin is meant for, so no, that will not work.

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.
    there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way docos are named, BBC docos that are aired on Discovery are labeled Discovery etc etc.

is it possible to have like a local part of the plugin where you could add programs/season/episodes manually and stored locally, I would love to be able to have all my football teams games from the football season handled by this plugin, but if Im having trouble with docos I'm going to have no chance with a niche sport like aussie rules football, I'd have no problem with entering my own data/artwork. it would let people with rare programs to maintain their own. with maybe a option to submit the data/artwork to a db somewhere.

either way thanks for the reply.

MM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom