does anybody know how to create hover-graphics? (1 Viewer)

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
It would be nice if one of the scinners/graphic-developers could give a short "how-to" of creating hover-pics and what I need to do it by myself. I would like to complete the set of hovers for some plugins i've got installed e.g. pvr-scheduler.

Thanks in advance

eagle

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You may use any GFX program (Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Paint etc.) to make up your GFX. Than you store it in PNG format under the name hover_nameoftheplugin.png in the folder Media of your skin directory.
    The correct name for the nameoftheplugin you may find out in the Plugins section of MP Config, e.g. plugin name "my weather" -> "hover_my weather.png".
    Sometimes it is necessary to experiment a little bit with the filename, e.g. the plugin "My Minesweeper" needs the hover GFX "hover_my_minesweeper.png".

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your immediate reply. Though I have a further question. Can I use an existing hover (its .png) to modify it to my needs? Do I have to convert it first? If not, from where can I get a photoshop-file of the hover?

Sorry for these stupid questions. But as you can see, I'm not so familiar with graphic-stuff

eagle

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course you may open any *.png file in (nearly) any GFX program and modify it to your needs. No conversion needed. If you changed it, just use "save as..." in the file menu of the GFX program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom