Does Ipimp Work under RC2 (1 Viewer)

unitygain

Portal Member
January 28, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi I recently installed the latest MP and tried IPimp on my wifes iphone I can add a client but when I try to connect it attempts but says unable to connect, firewall was givin access during install any ideas what I might be doing wrong is it to do with the new MP RC2 installed on WIn 7

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Yes - there are a couple of things that I found though....

1. If you install the TV server transcoding plugin the installer will display an error when trying to configure it. The workaround is to manually enable and configure the plugin in the TV Server configuration app.
2. Restart your MediaPortal client after installing iPiMP.

Also - don't forget to update the MPClientController plugin if you're using the latest MovingPictures plugin.

shul

May 1, 2010
Hi,
iPimp seems like a great great plugin!!

I am trying to watch TV on my ipad with RC2 but I can't... I get the following error trying to enter "now playing" using firefox on windows, I can't use my ipad to log in as well:

!! FUBAR !!

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Jayrock.Json.JsonObject'.

at Website.NowPlaying.GetNowPlaying(String wa, String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 88 at Website.NowPlaying.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 70 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas? If you like, I can send all of the information asked for in the wiki (if this is not some newbie error on my part),
shul

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Hi,
iPimp seems like a great great plugin!!

I am trying to watch TV on my ipad with RC2 but I can't... I get the following error trying to enter "now playing" using firefox on windows, I can't use my ipad to log in as well:

!! FUBAR !!

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Jayrock.Json.JsonObject'.

at Website.NowPlaying.GetNowPlaying(String wa, String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 88 at Website.NowPlaying.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 70 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas? If you like, I can send all of the information asked for in the wiki (if this is not some newbie error on my part),
shul

Hello - our first iPad user, obviously I cannot support iPiMP on the iPad until you buy me one :D

Joking aside, live TV does not work yet in iPiMP, you can view recordings though - is that what the problem is? A bit more information on exactly what you're trying to do would be useful. Also can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

shul

May 1, 2010
live TV does not work yet in iPiMP

ah, that explains it. thanks !

p.s. would have bought you one, if I had the money, but maybe if all of ipimp users chip in... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom