Does Moving Pictures PlugIn Have Limited Entries (1 Viewer)

JC007

Portal Member
June 24, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
An "Unhanded Exception" "Parameter index" window popped up when I opened Moving Pictures. An even though I could add more movies i could not access the MOVIE MANAGER it just kept saying "LOADING MOVIES". Is there a limit to how many movies you can add the database? This error has occurred twice when I came near to finish. The first time I uninstalled the lot and started again. The error seems to come out of nowhere i.e with no help from me. Moving Pictures accepts more entries but it won't let me edit them. Is there an easy fix for this. Sorry I don't have any logs as I don't know how to retrieve them. I'm hoping someone has had a similar problem and found a fix. I am running Media Portal 1.30b, Windows 8, Moving Pictures 1.5.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wiki - Log Files

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

There are 2 parts of the log file wiki

Part One - If you think you can recreate this error then this is for you.

Part Two - If this error has occurred previously and you don't think you can recreate the error a 2nd time then use this.

I have around 600 or so movies and I don't have a problem, I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few users with >1000 movies.

It might be that your moving pictures database is corrupt. You can click
    Start -> All Programs -> Team Mediaportal -> Mediaportal -> User Files
    Then look in the database subdirectory
    You should find the movingpictures.db3 database as well as backups of the database in a subfolder, you could try renaming the existing database, and copy one of the old databases into this directory.

Last edited:

JC007

Portal Member
    June 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is what the Unhandled Exception basically says.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: index

It's because it says "out of the range of valid values" in the index is why I thought there were limited entries.
    I have a lot of movies (more than too many) the error occurs when scanning the last couple of hundred or so. It accepts theses entries and even more but I can't access the Movie Manager To edit the entries. It just keeps say "Loading Movies".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom