Does the Ceton card work with MP1? (1 Viewer)

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've got the Ceton I4 and have really been struggling to get it working. It sees all 4 tuners however when I do a channel scan the only tuner that finds channels is #3. It finds 512 channels. The others siimply say signal locked, 0 channels found. I've poured over the forums and found some threads that talk about similar issues. I have tried to apply some older patches to no avail.
I'm using MP 1.12.
Any help appreciated!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Reggie :)

In answer to your question: yes, all Ceton tuners should work with MediaPortal.

It sees all 4 tuners however when I do a channel scan the only tuner that finds channels is #3.
    Is it possible that the other tuners are in use by other sofware (WMC etc.)?
    In any case you only need to be able to scan with one tuner. Once the scan is complete, you can then link the channels to the other 3 tuners.

It finds 512 channels.
    That seems okay, right?

The others siimply say signal locked, 0 channels found. I've poured over the forums and found some threads that talk about similar issues.
    Without access to log files it is impossible to know what is wrong.

I have tried to apply some older patches to no avail.
    Bad idea! :(

If you want help, I recommend you do 2 things.
    First, I recommend you delete all your channels and start over following these setup instructions:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

If you still can't get things working to your satisfaction after doing that, please post log files so we can attempt to help you. Use the Watchdog tool with option 3 to get a zip file containing the log files, then attach ("upload a file") that zip file here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs

If you do not post log files, there'll be nothing we can say or do to help.

Regards,
    mm

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the fast response!

I am disabling all WMC services, re-enabling the TV Service, and rebooting the machine now. I also reverted the patch I tried to apply so I'm back to a pristine 1.12 install.

Ok I think I've mapped all my channels to all 4 tuners. However all the channels are labled as "unknown". According to the wiki this is a problem. Also I tried to tune from the MP client and it always says no free card available. The test channels tab lists all cards as busy.

I'll attach my log files in a followup.[DOUBLEPOST=1445636837][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are my logs[DOUBLEPOST=1445636896][/DOUBLEPOST]The firewall on the machine is completely disabled. It is a Windows 7 machine.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the fast response!
    No problem. That's what we're here for. :)

I am disabling all WMC services, re-enabling the TV Service, and rebooting the machine now. I also reverted the patch I tried to apply so I'm back to a pristine 1.12 install.
    Okay, good idea. (y)
    Note that the patch linked in the setup instructions I mentioned is recommended. It is the one and only patch I'd currently recommend for people with CableCARD tuners.

Ok I think I've mapped all my channels to all 4 tuners. However all the channels are labled as "unknown". According to the wiki this is a problem.
    Yes, that is a big problem. It indicates scanning was not given enough time to complete fully. Unless and until scanning completes fully and successfully you're going to run into one problem after another. That's why my previous post recommended that you delete all channels and follow the linked setup instructions. Those instructions provide all the details you need in order to ensure you get your channels scanned in successfully.

Also I tried to tune from the MP client and it always says no free card available. The test channels tab lists all cards as busy.
    Unfortunately I'm unable to explain or diagnose these things without log files.

I'll attach my log files in a followup.
    Great, thanks. :)
    Like I said, I recommend you delete all channels and follow the setup instructions first. You may well find that smooths everything out.

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
    Home Country
    ok, almost there. tuners now scanned channels, they all worked and they have proper names. Woo hoo. Now I've reupped my SD subscription and enabled the schedules direct plugin to pull in EPG but i'm still getting no data available in the guide. Pointers on where to look for the reason? I originall pulled SD data using mc2xml and looked at the xml data and it seemed correct.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok, almost there. tuners now scanned channels, they all worked and they have proper names. Woo hoo.
    Great! :)

Now I've reupped my SD subscription and enabled the schedules direct plugin to pull in EPG but i'm still getting no data available in the guide. Pointers on where to look for the reason?
    The reason is probably that the SD plugin hasn't been able to map the channels that it knows about to the channels that you've scanned in. This is a common issue for people with cable subscriptions, and also the reason why I recommend you go the mc2xml + XMLTV route for pulling in the SD data. Instructions are here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

If you want to stay with the SD plugin despite my recommendation then you're probably going to have to rename your channels to match the SD "callsign" (eg. WXYZ, KLMN). That is quite time consuming.

Reggie Burnett

October 23, 2015
    Home Country
    yeah I've already punted the SD plugin and done the mc2xml + xmltv approach and that staightened out the EPG data. Now my only issue is trying to pull down the kodi tv server so I can use kodi. But that is not related to this thread. Thanks for your help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom