Does WOL Work In 'v1.0 Preview Release' Yet? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Does Wake Pc (Wake-On-Lan) work in v1.0 (Preview Release)? I receive a message saying 'Packets Sent', however the system does not wake.

Using any other Android WOL App which sends a 'magic packet' wakes the PC, so there must be a problem with aMPdroid or I haven't configured the app properly. Any suggestions?

Everything else within aMPdroid v1.0 works perfectly (once I wake the PC with a 3rd party app), including the remote, browsing media and TV.

Ayindi

Portal Member
December 1, 2011
AW: Does WOL Work In 'v1.0 Preview Release' Yet?

Hi

WoL works fine for me with SGS2 so its definitly working in the preview version.

However, unfortunately I have no idea why it does not work for you. :(

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
Does WOL in v1.0 still send packets over port 7? I have forwarded both ports 7 and 9 in my router.

Aiydee

January 18, 2012
Home Country
I'm not 100% on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

WoL works on MAC addressing, not IP Addressing. Might want to disable the port forwards. The logic should be that MAC address + magic packets (yes. They are called Magic Packets) hit router/switch. This gets 'broadcast' to the entire network. Only the addressed (MAC) NIC responds, and sees a magic packet arrive on a specific port.

So, try disabling the port forwards as my first suggestion. For WOL you shouldn't need port forwards.

ALSO. Ensure WoL is enabled in the network card configuration. You will find it in the advanced settings of the card (Typically). Most current network chipsets support WoL. Make sure you have the latest network card drivers too.

As a test, look for the free commandline utility WOLCMD. Run it on another PC (You will need to do it in command prompt, and you will need the mac-address of the 'asleep' PC for reference). This will help you isolate the phone and get a near guaranteed wake packet sent.

Good luck and I hope my reply helps in some way.

AD

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Does WOL in v1.0 still send packets over port 7? I have forwarded both ports 7 and 9 in my router.

Question: how you redirect (kind of address?) ports 7 and 9 in your router?

Some routers do not redirect to the broadcast address or MAC address. And if you define redirect to IP address remember that router clear dynamic ARP table few seconds after PC sleeping.

Try WOL over router few seconds after PC sleeping - will be allright. But if you try WOL after a longer time (one or two minutes) WOL will not be successful.

You need router with possibility to redirecting to broadcast or MAC address or router with possibility to define static ARP record. Most modems redirecting to broadcast or MAC address can not! I saw only one. It was a US Robotics, but a type I unfortunately do not remember. Ability to define a static ARP record have professional routers (Cisco) only or routers based on software solutions (PC, MikroTik).

JiRo.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    I have tomato firmware installed on my Buffalo router which has static ARP and broadcasting enabled. Other Android app's (e.g. WOL Wake On Lan Wan) work perfectly. Only ampdroid's built-in WOL doesn't seem to wake my machine :s.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have tomato firmware installed on my Buffalo router which has static ARP and broadcasting enabled. Other Android app's (e.g. WOL Wake On Lan Wan) work perfectly. Only ampdroid's built-in WOL doesn't seem to wake my machine :s.

Oh, I misunderstood. So the problem is elsewhere than I thought. I have not consulted here.

JiRo.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Have you had a chance to look into what the issue may be with WOL not working yet Jiro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom