Dolby Digital and Cabel TV in Denmark (1 Viewer)

Tobbeswim

Portal Member
October 13, 2005
I live in Denmark, I use TDC cabel net. I have the following set up:
Fire DTV
Prodigy 7.1 LT soundcard (Audiotrak)
Front end:Mediaportal

I use S/Pdif out from the sound card to a Denon 4306.

I have full DD and DTS when I watch DVD films from my HTPC but when I watch HD clips (that I know have DD) I only get Pro logic II. Same thing with TV. I have Canal Digital HDTV that sends all their movies in 5.1 but I can only get Pro logic II. Fotboll World Cup is coming up and I have to get this work before all my buddies shows up and expect to see HDTV with 5.1 sound. Please, anybody HELP ME. I have been trying diffrent things for half a year now! :x

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What audio decoder have you configured for Videos and TV in MediaPortal? Is it the same one that you use for DVDs?

Have you used GraphEdit (the "Render a media file" option) to verify what audio decoder is invoked when you play the HD clips? Is the audio decoder setup correctly?

Tobbeswim

Portal Member
    October 13, 2005
    Yes, all of that is done. Same decoders and they are working fine. I have dolby digital on the videoclips and .ts HDTV clips but not the WM9 clips and for example T2 WM9 HDTV movie.
    I think I have a problem with the Audio PID when I use the TV. Should there be a PID number in the AC3 box? I only get a Audio PID in the first box: Audio PID 1 and the number is 3001 for example. If I move that number to the AC3 boxI do net get sound at all. There is a 0 in the AC3 box. All this is in the television-channel setup under DVB-C

T

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Tobbeswim said:
    Should there be a PID number in the AC3 box?
    Yes, there should be a non-zero entry in the AC3 PID box. The fact that there is not, suggests that the TV channel does not broadcast in AC3. Are you absolutely sure that the TV channels broadcasts AC3 sound?

What version of MediaPortal are you using? There have been some fixes and changes to the AC3 section of TV over the past few weeks....

Tobbeswim

Portal Member
    October 13, 2005
    Thank you, that is what I have been trying to find out fo a long time. I am absolutly sure that Canal Digital HDTV sends in 5.1 DD on all their movies. Yet, even if I do a new scan during the movie it only shows one audio Pid in the 1st field. Shoud the box fill in automaticly and is it a diffrent number than the audio PId in field number 1?

Now I feel that I am really close to the solution...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Tobbeswim said:
    Shoud the box fill in automaticly ...
    Yes...the AC3 PID value should be inserted automatically during the initial scan (Autotune) and will be automatically updated each time you watch that channel - assuming you are using a recent version of MP. I can't recall exactly when these AC3 changes were introduced, but I do know that 0.2 RC4 handles the AC3 data correctly.

Tobbeswim said:
    and is it a diffrent number than the audio PId in field number 1?
    Yes...it must be a different value from the standard MPEG2 audio.

Tobbeswim

Portal Member
    October 13, 2005
    I have now installed the 0.2 RC4. I did a scan now but it was no diffrence from before,I have to wait until tonight to see if it works when the movies start. Thanks for your advice. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom