Dolby Digital Possible in MediaPortal2? (1 Viewer)

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, getting frustrated trying to configure surround sound.
    If I configure my laptop for surround it outputs PCM, and seems to send the same information to all speakers and sounds terrible.
    If I configure it to stereo, my receiver converts it with Dolby Pro Logic and sounds better, but still not as good as the same program directly from my HD Homerun tuner, which indicates Dolby Digital.

I am connecting to my home theatre via HDMI.

Any help given will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Joe.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi Joe,

first of all make sure that LAV filters are intalled - they should have been installed automatically with MP2.
    Then open the LAV Audio configuration, which should look similar to here and make sure that all audio formats that you want to be streamed bit by bit are checked in the "Bitstreaming" section.

That should do the trick...
    Michael

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi Michael,

Thank you, I'm afraid I am unable to find a way to configure LAV on my MediaPortal2. In settings it seems only to let me chose what filters to use, basically LAV or Microsoft.

Just to be sure I'm looking in the right place, from the GUI I am selecting Settings/Players/Codecs/Audio Codecs. No luck under Audio Renderer either, it only seems I can select the renderer, no configuration option. It is currently set to Default DirectSound Device.

I looked under configure TV as well, but couldn't find anything about codecs at all.
    I looked at the MP2 wiki, but couldn't find anything there about codecs either.

It certainly looks like this is the exact fix, just a matter of figuring out how to get to the LAV filter configuration... Any ideas on why I'm not seeing the configuration?

Thanks again, Joe.

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    LAV is a seperate application in Windows
    LAV.jpg
    @morpheus_xx
    Maybe we can add some type of Link or something in the Settings area that opens the LAV folder or lists the app's?

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks breese!

I just typed LAV filters in ask Cortana and she took me right there!
    I haven't tested yet, but it looks like I'm all set. :)
    I have to say again, this is some pretty awesome software you all have developed, I'm loving it!!!
    Thanks again, Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom