Don't replace Crystal! (1 Viewer)

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
I read in another thread that Crystal might be replaced with MCE2?

Crystal is currently the only skin I can use where the OSD doesn't flicker like crazy, so that when I press pause during movie playback, I can actually read the numbers (time elapsed etc). So please don't remove Crystal from MP as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it has allready been replaced.
    I will change MCE to have no more transparency in the OSD.
    This will solve your problem.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

flickers in OSD occur when you use VMR9 and have a graphic card, that does not support correct transparency, afaik.

Try switching to overlay, is my hint.

Crystal will be replaced in the download package. It may be that you can still download it extra, but someone has to maintain it, to work with future MP versions. I do not know, if someone will do that.

Flip.

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
    January 21, 2005
    OK, here's hoping that somebody will maintain it, or that the MCE2 will work fine on my setup then.

Already using Overlay, but the flicker is still there, only with the OSD, the video itself plays just fine...

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you using overlay is the problem.
    The problem is that the OSD on MCE uses a trransparent graphic and the one in crystal is not.

Overlay cannot handle transparency and you get these problems then.
    Using vmr9 will solve it.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

:? Yes, i was wrong. As MrMario said: Don't worry. MCE1 will be customized to not using transparancy. Or just give VMR9 a try.

Flip.

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
    January 21, 2005
    Sure, but VMR9 doesn't work with my card. Overlay gives great quality on video, so if the MCE1 skin will work fine without using transparency I'll be pleased with that, even though I think that Crystal looks a lot better than MCE...

A

Anonymous

I don't know Marios take on this but is there someone who is interested in maintaining the skin they should step forward. Working with the skins is a tedious work especially when there are many and few peoeple that maintain them.

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
    January 21, 2005
    I should clarify - MCE looks fine, except the OSD while I pause video. Huge pastel chunks of blobbery...?

A

Anonymous

MungoBBQ said:
    I should clarify - MCE looks fine, except the OSD while I pause video. Huge pastel chunks of blobbery...?

That has probably something to do with you not having a dx9 compatible graphics card or that you have set it up to use vmr9.

If you let us know what graphic card you are using we should be able to quickly decide if you can get the transparency to work properly or not and thus make it look much better in all skins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom