don't seem to get all the channels QAM/ATSC (1 Viewer)

arctork

Portal Member
August 12, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I have just recently installed the latest release of Media Portal and for those that didn't read my other post. It has definitely improved much since the last time I tried it. My installation experience improved vastly. However I'm still having trouble with the configuration of it all. Unlike the last time I tried this, I am now actually able to watch tv or get about 70 channels. Though with my cable box I get many more channels, a couple hundred with hd channels etc. The tv card has both Analog and QAM/atsc inputs. I have both connected, but when I perform a scan I get on the analog card I get around 60, which I think seems about right. Though when I perform a scan on the ATSC card I get only a few channels. I live in Canada and have Rogers Cable as my provider. I did notice that I get good signal strength but no signal level. Whereas on the analog input I get full signal strength and level.

I have tried to read up about it a little more but all this stuff is very technical and seems to require a hardware base knowledge that I don't have.

I also don't know where to get my logs so if you need that ... cool just let me know where to find them.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: XFactor & Black Glass
Windows Version: Vista
CPU Type: Intel 6600 Core 2 Duo
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 2250
1. TV Card Type: QAM / ATSC
MPEG2 Video Codec: not sure
MPEG2 Audio Codec: not sure
h.264 Video Codec: not sure
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Rogers Cable Canada

Thanks for you help.

I am also having trouble with getting channel / guide information. I only get information for about 20 channels. And that's only what's on tv ... not the name of the channel or anything like that. I have set "Allow this card to be used for EPG grabbing". I also see that there is a TV server of type DvdIP ... I'm also not sure what this is or how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom