Double episode scrobbling...does it work? (1 Viewer)

Hogan77

Portal Member
October 13, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, some files contain two episodes and when watching only the first episode gets scrobbled.

A friend of mine didn't have the second episode marked as seen on trakt, and this happened to be on a double episode file.

Is there a way of getting the first episode marked as seen when you have watched 50% and when you have watched 100% the second episode gets marked as seen, and you get a grade question for the first episode and after that you get a grade question for the second episode?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Double episodes work fine here, they both get scrobbled when you watch them.

Internally when we are sending the watching status to trakt if you are +50% and we haven't marked the first episode as watched then we will scrobble it, then continue sending the watching status for the second episode until you finish i.e. 100% in which case we scrobble the second episode e.g.

Every 15mins (percentages below are just an example):
    0% => watching ep1
    15% => watching ep1
    30% => watching ep1
    45% => watching ep1
    60% => scrobble ep1, watching ep2
    75% => watching ep2
    90% => watching ep2
    100% => scrobble ep2

If you have problems, send me a log of you watching a double episode.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On a side note do you know why your forum widget is BLACK? Have you watched anything yet?, if you have I would raise a support ticket on http://support.trakt.tv/.

Edit: doesnt look like you have watched something for a while, they did a cache change recently so you need to watch something again and it should update :)

Last edited:

Hogan77

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Double episodes work fine here, they both get scrobbled when you watch them.

Internally when we are sending the watching status to trakt if you are +50% and we haven't marked the first episode as watched then we will scrobble it, then continue sending the watching status for the second episode until you finish i.e. 100% in which case we scrobble the second episode e.g.

Every 15mins (percentages below are just an example):
    0% => watching ep1
    15% => watching ep1
    30% => watching ep1
    45% => watching ep1
    60% => scrobble ep1, watching ep2
    75% => watching ep2
    90% => watching ep2
    100% => scrobble ep2

If you have problems, send me a log of you watching a double episode.
    I haven't had the time to test it on my HTPC.
    I came across this when I checked a friends trakt page and the second episode wasn't marked as seen. Don't know which version of trakt he is using in MP. Was this fixed recently?
    And do you get to grade both episodes?
    On a side note do you know why your forum widget is BLACK? Have you watched anything yet?, if you have I would raise a support ticket on http://support.trakt.tv/.

Edit: doesnt look like you have watched something for a while, they did a cache change recently so you need to watch something again and it should update :)
    My HTPC has been offline because I've been moving.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I haven't had the time to test it on my HTPC.
    I came across this when I checked a friends trakt page and the second episode wasn't marked as seen. Don't know which version of trakt he is using in MP. Was this fixed recently?
    And do you get to grade both episodes?
    It's never been broken as far as im aware. For all you know he didnt watch the entire double episode hence the 2nd one didnt scrobble. It could also be because trakt was down at the time...hard to say without logs.

Rest assured the functionality exists.

Ratings should work, I can't remember what we do in that case since I have not watched a double episode since I added ratings support. I think it prompts for rating once it knows it past the half way mark and then again for the 2nd episode.

I'm thinking that requires some more configuration setting as some users would not want to be interrupted until both episodes have finished.

Hogan77

Portal Member
    October 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Rest assured the functionality exists.
    Sounds great, I will test it when got my HTPC running...

Ratings should work, I can't remember what we do in that case since I have not watched a double episode since I added ratings support. I think it prompts for rating once it knows it past the half way mark and then again for the 2nd episode.

I'm thinking that requires some more configuration setting as some users would not want to be interrupted until both episodes have finished.
    Now that you mention it I remember some rating dialog box pop-up happen to me a while back. But you're right that it would be best if the rating pop-up box appeared for both episode after you have watched them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom