download extension update list hangs (1 Viewer)

aswigon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When attempting to download the extension list update it hangs at near 100% completion (screenshot attached).

Is anyone experiencing this as I have it on 2 MP clients? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

MP 1.10.0 on W8.1 x64

zYqVOCW.png

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Hi.
    I have the same trouble. I think that this is due to the fact that the plugins folder contains files that are not installed. (No installation data in a folder c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\)

PS. I'm sorry for bad English

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi.
    I can't reproduce the issue.
    Could you check if it hangs on specific url or random?
    UPD. Also please try to clear your temp folder

Last edited:

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    one skin-coder added the wrong link while updating his stuff recently so instead of the update-xml it dl the whole package with every refresh. This caused a delay where it seemed to have stopped. Fixed the link last night so it should be faster now.

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    1. URL is different each time - it changes after installing or removing plugins.
    2. The program really hangs. I waited until half an hour, then the program can be closed only through the Task Manager.
    3. The problem can be reproduced easil (just do not do it at the working MediaPortal!): delete all files in the folder ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer. In result we get an empty list of plugins, and hanging a list of plugins updates. All All installed plugin will work normally. That's what happened in my case.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    You should try to delete files not in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer but in Windows Temp folder.

aswigon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Nothing in Windows temp folder and still hangs. Does not ever complete if you leave it running. The only way to get rid of it is kill the process in task manager.

aswigon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just letting everyone know that something has now changed because without me making any changes it is now working. I am guessing there was something wrong on the backend download list(s) that has been resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can reproduce it on htpc but not on Dev. But after few minutes it's OK. I didn't look exactly the time but I think it can be around 5 to 10 minutes. I didn't understand it can take so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom