Downloaded data is not correctly parsed (1 Viewer)

d3cadent

Portal Member
April 19, 2008
Hello,

I have been a user of MP1 + XMLTV plugin for several years now. A few months ago, my EPG provider changed its website and data format, preventing XMLTV from understanding data.
Very recently, a new patch was released for XMLTV, so that now it indeed does understand the new data format.

The problem is, now MediaPortal has problems understanding the tvguide.xml file. Seemingly everything is fine: on the General tab of the XMLTV plugin, the status message is "tvguide.xml: File imported successfully;". However, within MP. the EPG is full of "holes": some programs are not inserted (or not displayed) properly. To be on the safe side, I checked tvguide.xml manually: it indeed DOES contain all programs. Just some programs do not show up in MediaPortal's TV Guide.

Another problem also appeared since using the new XMLTV alpha: in TVService.log, for every program read from tvguide.xml, a message is written:
[2017-01-26 16:28:51,298] [Log ] [SQL EPG importer] [INFO ] - BusinessLayer: Your importer tried to add a too much info: 843, BabaKalauz : 2017.01.31. 12:10:00-2017.01.31. 12:45:00, Data too long for column 'classification' at row 1

Seems like the tvguide.xml file is not parsed correctly.

I uploaded a sample tvguide.xml. It contains only one channel. There is a visible hole at 16:00 - 18:00 2017.01.26.

Attachments

• tvguide.7z
    8.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The programs are not imported because of the long ratings (value + icon must be less than 200 characters).
    Options:
    • manually increase the size of the classification column in the database
    • remove or shorten the rating values in the tvguide.xml file

d3cadent

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Hello mm1352000,

this is some fast reply. And correct indeed.
    I removed the "<icon ..." lines from the data since MP does not seem to be using them anyway. Now both issues are gone at once.
    Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom